Options

Lab Topology/Equipment

theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
Will the following be sufficient for CCNA: Security or do I need an additional router (I have a 2801 - among others - I could add).

R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
Security: CCNA [ ]
Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]

Comments

• Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    ccna security 1

A lot of people usually base their setup on the kits out there. From what I can remember, since I will be adapting mine to security soon, zone-based security is important and CCP.
  • Options
    sucanushiesucanushie Member Posts: 163
    I'm running 2X 1841's both with advanced ip services, and a 3825.

I also have 1 3560 and 2 3550's and an ASA 5505.

I've been able to cover all of the material
  • Options
    azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is the recommended/suggested topology for the Network Academies...however I'm sure there would be other topologies you could use...

• Options
    azaghul wrote: »
    This is the recommended/suggested topology for the Network Academies...however I'm sure there would be other topologies you could use...

How about...

S1 - Cisco 2960
    S2 - Cisco 2960 or 3560
    S3 - N/A (Switch Built-In to 1811W)

R1 - Cisco 2811
    R2 - Cisco 1760
    R3 - Cisco 1811W

ASA 5505-BUN-K9

• Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Your switches should be fine and asa. Can your routers do zone based security? CCP? Everything I have seen recommends at least 1841's.
  • Options
    azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That setup should get you through ok.

The 1811 internal switch might(?) miss a few features and the 1760 might be a bit old but should do most (if not all) tasks required....except boot quickly:D
  • Options
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    Your switches should be fine and asa. Can your routers do zone based security? CCP? Everything I have seen recommends at least 1841's.

According to CFN they can do ZBFW. I couldn't find CCP listed on CFN. The 2811 and 1811W are both ISRs capable of running IOS 15, so CCP should be no problem for them (I've run CCP on my 2801). If I had to I could use another ISR (2801 or 2821) instead of the 1760, but I was hoping to keep the size and noise down [which is why I figured the 1760 might suffice for the [what appears to be] ISP/WAN router. A 2811 is just the next level up from the 1841 and the 1811 as best I can tell is just an 1841 with an 8-Port Switch [and a Wireless AP (W Model)] instead of HWIC Slots.