Options

books

ritamshomeritamshome Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi,

Other than technotes what books do you currently need to clear this exam.

signing out--ritamshome

Comments

• Options
    MehuelMehuel Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey aparrently a recommended text book is the mike myers A+ book,

which covers the A+ Core
    A+ OS

they are about £40 in the shops (UK Sterling) or you can get it on ebay.com for like £10!

hope this is of any use to you
    M 3 1 1 U E L

PC SOLUTIONS
  • Options
    evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used the Mike Meyers book when I took my A+ and had no problems with it so I would agree with the recomendation.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    As it's already been said - Meyer's book.

Only one I'd recommend.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    ritamshomeritamshome Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Gee thanks ,

I will definitely buy this book at ebay perhaps. Thanks for Answering anyway.

signing out--ritamshome
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Alibris.com or Amazon.com even Abebooks.com

Very good and reliable book resources!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Also, a good overall PC Hardware guide is Scott Mueller's Upgrading and Repairing PCs. It is not a certification guide but it is certainly helpful. The 16th edition is the current one.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan