Options

Eric Conard 11th Hour Second Edition?

zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey all,

I am a little more than a month from testing and I have been using Conrads v2 Study Guide and 11th hour. I noticed today there was a Second Edition of the 11th hour on Amazon that was or is just about to be released. Would anyone recommend getting it even though I have the first edition? Any reviews on it? Amazon has no reviews on it and I am curious if it would be beneficial or necessary

Comments

• Options
    hylaabhylaab Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wonder what measure changes could be there? Unless there are significant eratas, etc.... I will say go with what you have now. I am taking the exam on 17 Dec 2013. I have read both Conrad's books back in June/July. I will read them again between now and Dec.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Best I can tell from reading Amazon and comparing page count: ~28 pages. First time Eric and Seth updated the first edition it was 50 pages with some extra wording taken out. I'd say your still fine with the current edition. Probably added few pages of new information, some refinements as Eric always feels like he's refining the material. Probably a good lesson learned from Ed Skodis of GPEN fame. :D

- B Eads
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I went through this dilemma last year with the other Conrad CISSP book. Schedule test for December. Started studying in June with the 1st edition. The second came out in Sept/Oct. Bought it but didn't find many substantial changes. You'll be fine with the one you have.
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I will stick with the original 11th hour and push on. Test in just a little over a month so I am going to try and soak up as much of this thing as possible! I figured there shouldn't be many critical changes between the original 11th hour and the 2nd edition that just released.