Options

If you have A+, Net+, Sec+. Is it possible to renew A+, Net+ only?

Elias38Elias38 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I've achieved CCNA certificate and uploaded to CompTia's website to renew A+ and Network+. I also have Security+ but it can't be renewed with CCNA. So, I was so sure that I can renew the first two but no! I received an e-mail saying that I can't renew all 3 of them with CCNA. Then I replied and said that I've tried to renew only A+, Net+! And this is the response:

Hello,

When you renew Security+ then A+ and Network+ automatically will be renewed. You do not have to enter CEUs for either of them.

Make sense?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    j23evanj23evan Member Posts: 135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi Elias, yes you can renew just A+ and Net+. In continuing education you have to choose at which level you want to renew your certifications, and pay the associated fee for which level. On yours you would want to pay the Net+ continuing education fee which would also bring in your A+ (as CompTIA considers it a lower level exam). My Sec+ I think expires in 2014 or 2015, and my Net+/A+ I believe have been pushed out to 2018. The nice thing is if you take other CompTIA exams you can bypass the requirements for paying the CEU fee and it will automatically adjust the expiration date based on what CompTIA exam you took and what it relates to.
    https://vWrong.com - Microsoft Certified Trainer 2013-2018 - VMware vExpert 2014-2018 - Cisco Champion 2018 - http://linkedin.com/in/j23evan/
  • Options
    NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You don't have to take other certification exams to get CEUs... CCNA may not have been sufficient to renew Sec+, but getting CEUs is not difficult. You can easily knock out all your requirements for free by doing trivial online training CBTs or reading books.
  • Options
    Elias38Elias38 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for helping with this one! Finally after proving my point CompTia approved my CCNA for CE and renewed A+, N+.

We have approved the CCNA CEUs but note they will not count towards Security+.

NovaHax:

do you mean that there is a chance to watch training videos at CBT's website and get CE credits for it?? I saw many options of how to renew certs but writing a blog or something like that is way harder that simply pass the higher exam. For example CPAs (Certified Public Accountants) get their licence extended by watching online seminars or something like that. Would be nice to have that with CompTia.
  • Options
    NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In my experience, the general rule of thumb is...if you're learning something, you can probably pass it off as CEUs