Back on the boards after awhile!

Its been a good amount of time since I have last visited or posted here. I have been in the Middle East working for a contracting company that supports the US military.

Now that I am back, Im looking to get a more detailed and better paying job in IT. I started a certification program tailored to certify my on the secruity track. After a few months, I should be Security+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA certified. I already have my A+ and Network+ from about 2 years ago.

How are the exams nowadays? Still the same as a couple years ago? How many of you have taken this type of certification program and landed a rewarding job or career position?

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Welcome back Anthony :)
    How are the exams nowadays? Still the same as a couple years ago?
    Pretty much the same, except that Microsoft added simulation questions to some of their core MCSE exams.
    icon_arrow.gifwww.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/simulations
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Wow a few months for Security +, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA. icon_eek.gif Good Luck.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    WOW - just a few month for all those high level certs. Wish I were as good as you and could get all those certs in a few months. It took me a few months to get Net+ and A+. Now I am going to take a few months to get my MCP (70-270).

GOOD LUCK buddy!!
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • AnthonyJD81AnthonyJD81 Member Posts: 187
    What you guys have to keep in mind is that I have been unemployed for the last month now. So I am doing an accellerated program where I can spend 6-8 hours M-F purly studying.

The time is at a computer in a lab so I will get plenty of hands-on (maybe 80% hands-on and 20% reading and lecture). I think the combination of a classroom and hands-on can help someone accomplish a certification in a couple weeks versus purly book study in a month or so. Of course, you have to be motivated, ambitous, and have a strong desire to accel ;)

My Network+ and A+ took me less than a month each of only book reading and memorization. Considering they are fairly easy exams book work will suffice. With harder exams requires more in depth study techniques.