Options

CISSP STUDY GUIDE from Eric Conrad for only $1

cdupuiscdupuis Inactive Imported Users Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
NOTE FROM CLEMENT:

Eric Conrad sent me an email about an AMAZING deal going on from his publisher. When I say Amazing I do mean Amazing.

There is no trick or catch. You can really get the 2nd Edition of the CISSP STUDY GUIDE from Eric Conrad for only $1. The best it is directly from the publisher website and not some illegal copies. This is the latest copy of the book.

Make sure you use the promo code listed below to get the rebate.

Best regards

Clement
CCCure Owner and Maintainer
http://www.cccure.org

Here is the announcement from Eric:

FYI: Elsevier is having a crazy ebook sale, and the 2nd edition of the CISSP Study Guide is available for $1.00.

A PDF version is available, with no DRM.

I just bought a copy for myself :) I paid $1.09 (including tax).

Visit the link below to buy it:
http://store.elsevier.com/coArticle.jsp?pageid=17600012&utm_source=socialmedia&utm_medium=Syngress&utm_campaign=DRMfree$1#Computer Security

If the long link above does not work, it may be that your email client is cutting it in two portions, you can use the short version below if you have any difficulties:

TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL

Or you can also use this link:

CISSP Study Guide, 2nd Edition | Eric Conrad, Seth Misenar, Joshua Feldman | ISBN 9781597499682

IMPORTANT: Use promo code: ONESALE and be sure to choose "DRM Free Included Formats" to get the PDF version.

NEW VERSION OF THE 11th Hour book is also released:

Also, hot off the presses: the 2nd edition of the 11th Hour Guide is now in stock at Amazon:
Eleventh Hour CISSP: Study Guide: Eric Conrad, Seth Misenar, Joshua Feldman: 9781597495660: Amazon.com: Books

Hope to see you at a future event, and the first adult beverage is on me.

Have a great weekend!

Eric

Comments

• Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @cdupuis - thanks Clement! Just got my copy - the only minor inconvenience was a 10-minute wait while "we are processing your order" to download.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks!
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    cdupuiscdupuis Inactive Imported Users Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I guess they must be getting traffic

They have to generate a watermarked PDF for each download.

I think it is worth the wait. I got mine, drag it over to my Kindle Icon and now it is in my library.

Best regards

Clement
  • Options
    samurai86samurai86 Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great deal for a great book!
    Bachelor's of Applied Science in Technology Management - Information Security Assurance (St. Petersburg College)
    Masters of Science in Digital Forensics (University of Central Florida)
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the tip! Picked up my copy for a whopping $1.05!
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks, cdupuis, I picked mine up for $1.09, as well. Looks like a great read.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Just picked up my copy...for $1 you can't really go wrong.
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Got my copy, thanks!
  • Options
    joebannyjoebanny Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Clement for sharing this! I've been wanting a copy of this book due to the great review I have seen on this site but it hasn't been a huge need but at $1.00 what else could I asked for? I have added to my collection now. I read a few pages already and I can see why this book gets so much approval! Having used the Shon Harris book (and I truly enjoyed it), this would have been a great read for my exam!
  • Options
    santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    Thanks for this, I actually purchased all of the security books for a whopping $7 through that same offer. Now I got additional material for me to read on long car trips or whatever.
  • Options
    suitsonfiresuitsonfire Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This promo code does not appear to be working any more. Can anyone else confirm? I would like to get this but not for 60+ bucks.
  • Options
    QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This promo code does not appear to be working any more. Can anyone else confirm? I would like to get this but not for 60+ bucks.

Working fine for me. Are you choosing the drm-free ebook on the web page? Are you choosing one of the eligible books? Here's the list of qualifying books:
    Elsevier | Over 16,000 eBooks now DRM-Free
  • Options
    teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When I spoke with Elsevier on the phone, they said the promotion is good until the end of November, but only for that one ebook.
    If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post. :D
  • Options
    suitsonfiresuitsonfire Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Qord wrote: »
    Working fine for me. Are you choosing the drm-free ebook on the web page? Are you choosing one of the eligible books? Here's the list of qualifying books:
    Elsevier | Over 16,000 eBooks now DRM-Free

Yeah, I am making sure to select the non-DRM ebook version. The strange thing I am getting is I add it to my cart and the original price is $41.97 and when I put in the promo code and apply it the price jumps up to $59.95
  • Options
    atl_libraatl_libra Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I am making sure to select the non-DRM ebook version. The strange thing I am getting is I add it to my cart and the original price is $41.97 and when I put in the promo code and apply it the price jumps up to $59.95

Same for me. Jumps to 59.95. Am I doing something wrong? Guess I'll give them a call or chat when they open tomorrow.
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    There is a $1 book section and I picked up all the security books. I could only do three at a time though at $1 each.
  • Options
    atl_libraatl_libra Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    There is a $1 book section and I picked up all the security books. I could only do three at a time though at $1 each.

You were able to get the CISSP Study guide for 1.00? The rest of the books go in the cart as a dollar except that one.
  • Options
    santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    make sure you capitalized the code, mine didn't work when it was not capitals.
  • Options
    !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think the promotion is over. It is showing in the $1 list but at a higher price.
  • Options
    If you put the code in during checkout (ONESITE), you will see the price change to $1. Or, at least, that is how it worked for me.

I purchased all of the computer security books, plus one on cloud computing from the computer science set, all for a dollar a piece. I also bought the CISSP 11th Hour book, at full price, as a way to thank Elsevier for the great sale.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

• Options
    !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ONESITE or ONESALE?

ONESALE pushed the price to USD 59.95!
  • Options
    You are right, ONESALE. That is odd that it increases the price.

I tried it in two different browsers, just in case, and you are correct about it increasing the price. I also noticed that the book is not on the one dollar list like it was yesterday. I wonder if they have sold too many under the one dollar price and decided to reset it to the original price.

• Options
    justin.forman@gmail.comjustin.forman@gmail.com Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just tried it, and it didn't work. However, "Eleventh Hour CISSP, 1st Edition" is on the $1 list, so I just picked it up for $1.04. No promo code required. There are a few other InfoSec books there, too.
  • Options
    imthatguyimthatguy Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I contacted customer service, stating that I had heard it was a dollar (bc it was showing up as ~$60 in my cart), and they agreed to let me have it for a dollar (Maybe you could try that). Also, I too purchased the Eleventh Hour 1st Edition for $1, as well as Windows Registry Forensics, and Low Tech Hacking. There are some interesting engineering books as well.
  • Options
    mayacosta78mayacosta78 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for this information. I was able to buy three e-books for $1 each. Great deal! At first the price jumped up, then I clicked on the ebook $1 link under 'Special Offers' and it displayed all the $1 books. Thanks again!