Options

Time estimation to pass 70-410 for someone with little Windows Server experience

FlemethFlemeth Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
I m a user of Windows Server with little to very little knowledge about the administration side (use it at work to install/use some software ) . I want to make an idea about the time needed to pass the first exam 70-410 considering very little experience in Windows Server . I m able to invest about 5h a day every day(including weekends) for about a month and after that 2 h . How much time do you think someone with little experience needs to pass the exam ? (using the books available and access to the os ) ? Everyone learns differently but to make a comparation with LPIC1 i was able to take both exams in about 3.5 months with no prior linux experience whatsoever .

Comments

• Options
    MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you have a virtual machine or physical server to practice on a bit I don't see why you couldn't do it in a month or less with that type of schedule.
  • Options
    Theegg911Theegg911 Member Posts: 124
    the 410 exam tests your knowledge of building a server. So if you have access to a lab or have the ability to set up VMs, I would recommend you setup a 2012 Server at least once or twice. So you can have a visual of what goes on and when you see the questions on the exam you can connect it to practical knowledge. Also if you have a book you should be ok if you study for 1 month. When I passed mine I studied for 1 hour a day for 1 month. I read the book twice and did some practice tests. I wouldn't recommend Test King. As the questions on there did not help with the exam.
    Next Goal: Office 365 70-346 (Scheduled for 9/25)
  • Options
    mr_tech_ukmr_tech_uk Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am currently study this now hope to get the exam done for Xmas good luck to all