Todd Lammle CCENT book question

beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just got my Sybex CCENT book recently. I have the simulator downloaded and everything is fine but when I try to access the chapter test on the site nothing is showing up when I click on them. The exam works ok. Also I was trying to find out if anyone has used the book for CCENT? Thanks

Comments

• OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I personally used the book for my studies of the new ICND1 and it worked well. It was more of a technical reference for me though as it was a little dry and I primarily relied on CBT Nuggets (And use the SIM. Practice practice practice.) icon_biggrin.gif
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks, I actually have the CBT nuggets for the old test and I am also subscribed to the Chris Bryan videos at Udemy.com too. Taking an online class too. Do you have the new CBT nuggets videos? I would love to use the ones I have but they may be too old.
    Chris Bryant is great too! Although the old videos aren't bad, there is material that is completely omitted from the new exam objectives and some that was pushed back from the old ICND2 onto this exam. Yes I have the new videos and they worked great! How much experience do you have in the networking field?
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
    Thanks man, well I really havent worked as a network engineer or anything but I have been in IT since 1999 started as a Nortel Telecom Tech for years and I also have had roles in Data Center, Remote tech support and some pc refresh projects. I have also taken a few cisco CCNA/CCNP classes in the past too. Enrolled in an online CCENT class right now too.
    I've enjoyed the career field. When it comes down to the exam, basic config is simple once you practice. Two things I recommend you for the new ICND1 are these: know your show commands, and get to know your routing configs well. What simulator do you have?
    And subnetting. KNOW YOUR SUBNETTING. This is a vital skill in any networking position. Plenty of free tutorials online.
    Ok cool, I have the one that came with the sybex book, GNS3, the Packet Tracer 5.3 version and there is one that we have for the class I'm taking but I'm having a problem loading it into VMware. I was trying to figure out if the one that came with the book is good enough. I was seriously just thinking of using the Chris Bryant videos along with a simulator maybe and getting the boson practice tests. What do you think?
    Yea subnetting is super important. I think we will be studying that in my next class.
    That's a good idea, but I would say stick with packet tracer. Never used the one out of the CD. Although the switch and router models and IOSs are a little old, they do all you need for the exam
    Ok thanks, just tryhing to find a way to simplify things because I have so much stuff. I may just go with the online class I'm taking, Packet Tracer and the Chris Bryant videos, then use the Boson Exam Max stuff.
    Good luck man!
  • tombosaucetombosauce Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i also used the lammle book for the new CCENT and recommend it. i read it cover to cover but skimmed through thew first few chapters of general networking concepts. that and a good simulator or lab book/equipment will get you through it.
    Ok thanks so much guys