Options

network appliance/software suggestion

ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi networkers,
We've got remaining budget in 2013 and IT management asked me to suggest a networking appliance (or sotfware) deployment, of my choice.
We have Cisco networking and voip gear already deployed: routers, switches, CUCM, CUC, CUPS...
I thought about some Solarwinds software, something like IP Flow Analyzer, instead of our Plixer Scrutinizer.
What do you suggest?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Ciscoworks seems to be a popular choice if you definitely plan to stay Cisco in house.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi moderator,
    Thanks for the reply, but we already have deployed LMS :)
  • Options
    403Forbidden403Forbidden Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm a big fan of redundant systems. I like knowing that if something breaks there is something else to replace it with in short order while the broken item is returned for service. Just a thought.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have been looking at Solar winds and it does seem good for the price, but I think it depends how much time and what size of network you are wanting to manage.

SPLUNK with the plugins also seems to be quite a good tool, but needs time spent getting it set up.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.