Options

Infosec Institute

jroach21jroach21 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has anyone else taken the Infosec Institute CISSP class? Im thinking about going to their boot camp that is in dallas in February.

Comments

• Options
    redzredz Member Posts: 265 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I attended their in-person training for the CISSP. I don't know whether or not it helped me, I had already spent a ton of time studying and knew almost all of the material cold. However, I did feel that the concepts were all well-explained and that the instructor had wonderful focus on the appropriate depth for the exam. I do not know if it was beneficial, but I do know that it was well-done enough to have been beneficial had I felt I needed it.

Due to the wonderful experience with their in-person training, I purchased one of their online trainings for another certification, and I would highly recommend against that. It was not appropriate preparatory material for the exam.

They will tell you all this about being shuttled to the test site the next day, all that - be forewarned, they no longer do that. It is your responsibility to schedule your exam.
  • Options
    atx1975atx1975 Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes I took that class in Dallas in Oct, and I believe it helped assist in a more focused approach to the many different topics.
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Not sure if you've seen this thread, but the book is well-written and may be beneficial to purchase and review prior to taking the course.

I've thought about taking a CISSP course but haven't decided when to take it. I might finish reading the book and reviewing the exam objectives to see if I really need to spend that kind of money. If I don't feel confident, then I'll sit in the classroom. If I do, I might just sit the exam.

At any rate, I wish you luck. Let us know how you do.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    I actually did the CISSP boot camp with InfoSec last year in November (Colorado Springs). I personally believe the boot camp provides general information about the CISSP certification but with the boot camp alone you won't be able to pass the certification. You will need a lot more than the boot camp to pass the exam. The professor we had spent a good amount of time talking how much of a beast the CISSP exam was rather than providing more information. We sat through powerpoint presentations from 8:00 AM until 8:00 PM and when we were done we had to go through practice questions.

Good luck.