Options

SCSI!, SCSI!! help??

dannysovdannysov Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
I failed the exam, I had alot of questions on SCSI, I thought I had revised it, what do you need to know about SCSI that may come up in the exam?
I always get confused some say SCSI can attach 7 or 15 devices, and some include the controller so 8 or 16 devices, how do you know if they ask you??
What else on SCSI should I revice??

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Dannysov,

I'm working on a TechNote on SCSI right now which will pretty much cover everything you need to know about SCSI for the A+ exam.
    I always get confused some say SCSI can attach 7 or 15 devices, and some include the controller so 8 or 16 devices, how do you know if they ask you??

It's like this: you can attach 15* devices but there can be up to 16 devices (includes the host adapter) in a SCSI chain.

How many can be attached? How many can be connected to? (7/15)
    How many are supported by? How many in a chain? (8/16)

* 7 on older versions of SCSI, I'll post more details in the TechNote to come.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    dannysovdannysov Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks web master,
    I only just found this site from a search engine, everyday im searching for different sites on the A+. This is by far the best ive come up with, I hope it helps me pass, so far Ive had positive reponses. That really helps, im still not 100% on it, but hopefully the SCSI notes you produce will help, let me know when. Do you have any notes on networking that I would essentially need to know for the A+. Thats exactly what my problem is, not revicing the subject, just knowing what to revice.

Did you manage to read my other comments, perhaps you can help me with those.
    Thanks again
    dan
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I have just uploaded the SCSI TechNote.

You can find it here: www.techexams.net/technotes/scsi.shtml

I hope this helps!
  • Options
    AntiochmanAntiochman Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Enjoyed your A+ core technote on SCSI webmaster, but don't you think that in today's world the new PCI harddrives are just as fast if not faster then SCSI drives.
    To learn is life, living is putting to use what you have learned, death is when this process stops!
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Shoot, the debate on SCSI/PCI drives will die very quickly - just wait until Serial ATA drive hit the marketplace.
    I have a AUSU P4S8X board with ATA133 7200 drives, but am waiting very unpatiently for the transfer improvement the serial drives will give.
    I am sure I must be a relative of Tim Allen ...

MORE POWER !!!!

heh heh heh
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    the advantage of scsi is in redundancy. on a pc with a single drive, scsi will not be advantage.
    A+ Moderator