Options

Best live CISSP training

teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm considering taking one of the following live review courses: Any thoughts on which is the best? Any others I should consider?
If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post. :D

Comments

• Options
    Joel GoldsteinJoel Goldstein Banned Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Teancum, should you have any questions about the (ISC)2 CISSP review seminar (format options, schedule, etc.), feel free to send me an e-mail. My opinion is of course quite biased but I'm sure the members of the forum will give you plenty of opinions.
  • Options
    redzredz Member Posts: 265 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Personally, I attended CISSP® TRAINING with 93% CISSP Certification pass-rates - InfoSec Institute

I thought that the class appropriately covered everything, to the appropriate depth, et cetera, for the CISSP exam. I was extremely pleased by it. It is, however, quite immersive. You will spend 10-12 hours a day for six days in a classroom environment, followed by 1-3 hours of homework per night. They prepare you for the exam with both knowledge and tips on taking the six hour exam.

I would recommend their in-person training to anyone, it was absolutely phenomenal.

On the flip side of this, it was before they offered online-mentored concentrations free with the course. Don't bother with that deal, see if they'll knock something off the price. The online mentored course that I purchased was a full blown catastrophe; I decided not to even bother finishing, and instead studied on my own, prior to taking and passing the engineering concentration.

EDIT: I no longer see it listed on the website, however they also offered an exam voucher and transportation to the exam site on the final day when I went through them. Don't bother with the voucher, either. Schedule your own test, they do not transport you to the exam site or anything to that effect and it proved to be an added pain to schedule the exam through them (you don't actually get the voucher).

2nd EDIT: They also make good on their "Re-sit guarantee". There was one person in my class who had taken the boot camp through them, failed, and was in the course a second time for free.