Options

Shon Harris All-In-One 2nd Edition still valid?

imthatguyimthatguy Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
My work library has the second edition of this book and I would rather not have to purchase it if I don't have to. Would this book, paired with Eric Conrad's Eleventh Hour, 2nd Edition be okay to study with for the CISSP exam?

Comments

• Options
    mister704mister704 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would suggest using a later edition due to the change in the exam's focus. I can't speak for the information detail in the 2nd edition but I know that somewhere between 2 and 4, it added like 700 pages. In 2012 the domains changed a little so I would look for a newer edition.

The winning recipe seems to be a consensus:

1. Eric Conrad CISSP Study guide - 2nd edition
    2. Conrad 11th hour
    3. 25 page pdf here on the forum
    4. Shon Harris testing site that has the audio. McGraw-Hill Education | CISSP Practice Exams

5. If you want to increase your chances...Transcender website questions. Its like $120 for 6 months but I know it made a definite difference in my passing. But some can do without it. I needed a lot of testing. I tested from many many different books just so I could get the most opportunities to see same questions with different wording.
  • Options
    imthatguyimthatguy Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just picked up the 5th edition from my local public library. I will definitely begin obtaining other materials, such as the 25pg PDF, Shon Harris practice exams, and I was thinking about purchasing the CCCure question bank for CISSP...may try to get the Eric Conrad book--not sure yet...