2014 Certfication Plans

1235»

Comments

  • Jamm1nJamm1n Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Already finished CCNA

    CCNA Security
    Start WGU MS:ISA
    CCNP Security or R/S (not sure yet)
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 911 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Came into 2014 knowing I needed CISSP.

    Passed it on 14 April 2014, just waiting on my endorsement to come through before it's official.

    Probably going to focus on school the rest of the way, maybe play around with the idea of LPI Linux Essentials.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hyper-V (Just walk in and take it (who knows)), MTA Windows OS Fundamentals, 70-640, ICND1, ICND2
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 A+, Net+, Server+, Security+, Win7 MCP, Server 2012 Virtualization Specialist, MCSA 2012 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I better get MCSE Server Infrastructure before the end of the year or I will be pissed at myself.
  • Leftya88Leftya88 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    1. Network+ (Complete)
    2. SSCP (Scheduled for Early August)
    3. CCENT (Before year end)
    4. ICND-2 (Sometime After that)
  • deathdynamicsdeathdynamics Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Complete so far: CCNA R&S

    Current Goals: MCSA Server 2012, VCP5-DCV, then MCSE 2012: Server Infrastructure - also, supplemental studies in PowerShell scripting & toolmaking. Also, planning on enrolling in a program for a M.S. degree in IS/IT.
  • sebamdisebamdi Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am planning to get certified on
    1. COBIT - Level 1
    2. ITIL V3 Foundation

    I am stunned by the list of certifications people are planning to take up...is it just that some are trying to keep higher goals and then atleast achieve 50% of the same :)

    I also need a suggestion here. I am looking for a
    1. Enterprise - IT Auditing cerfification
    2. Enterprise - IT Risk certification
    Please provide any pointers, if you have. I know there are certain certifications in offering by ISACA, but which is the most renowned and comprehensive among all
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Jordan,

    The utilization of "****" is not endorsed or respected here. Probably better off sticking to other sites if that is your approach to certifications.
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sebamdi wrote: »
    I am planning to get certified on
    1. COBIT - Level 1
    2. ITIL V3 Foundation

    I am stunned by the list of certifications people are planning to take up...is it just that some are trying to keep higher goals and then atleast achieve 50% of the same :)

    I also need a suggestion here. I am looking for a
    1. Enterprise - IT Auditing cerfification
    2. Enterprise - IT Risk certification
    Please provide any pointers, if you have. I know there are certain certifications in offering by ISACA, but which is the most renowned and comprehensive among all

    From my understanding as far as Auditing goes CISA seems to be the most popular certification and the CRISC is picking up steam as well for Risk Management in an enterprise environment.
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Going to WGU so there will be a couple certs I don't care about. I got my MTA: OS before I started. Working at a help desk now, but may jump to the switching/routing type of things.

    Security+ (Passed, good cert to have)
    Project+ (Passed. Meh, at least it doesn't expire I guess)
    CIW: Web Development (Studying now, I doubt I list it on my resume since I'm likely never going this route)
    Network+ (This will be a decent fundamental cert to have)
    CCNA (Solid cert, hoping to get into this field by next year)
    CCNA Security (Same as above)
    CCENT (Should open up some doors if I haven't got in by now)
    CIW Database (SQL cert. Not sure how I feel about it, but it definitely can't hurt having some SQL knowledge)
    Linux+ (This is the final cert from WGU, I'm thinking of doing this last since the Network+ and Cisco certs flow together more)

    I'm hoping to have all of that done by September 2015 along with the few other classes I have. I'll see where I'm at then to determine which certs after that.
  • Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Asif Dasl wrote: »
    Definitely:
    MCSA: Windows 8 upgrade exam (70-689) - early 2014
    MCSA: Server 2012 (70-410 + 70-411 + 70-412) - late 2013 to early 2014
    MCSE: Server 2012 Server Infrastructure (70-413 + 70-414) - by mid 2014

    Maybe one of these after the others are completed:

    VMware VCAP-DCA (at least get the knowledge of this even if I don't take the exam)
    MCSE: Exchange 2013 (70-341 + 70-342)
    Renew CCENT while doing the new CCNA
    Well this did not work out as planned. The Microsoft books were delayed and I've been spinning wheels since, I don't why. I'm stuck between doing Microsoft exams or VMware exams - especially since the MCSE now expires.

    Part of me thinks I should stick to VMware and just do up to MCSA and the other part of me thinks I should really go for the MCSE - but if I want to be an expert at VMware then something has got to give. I probably cant juggle constantly renewing both expert level MS & VMware certs in the long term.
    But I need a kick in the ass to get back to the books!! icon_study.gif
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kinet1c wrote: »
    Hoping for the following certs:

    CCNA Security
    LPIC-1/Linux+
    MCSA 2008 + 2012 upgrade exam



    Not certificate based but I want to gain a good knowledge base in python, ruby & chef.

    Got Linux+, other certs will not get done this year as I've lost interest in them altogether (for the moment). VCP5 is still scheduled but no study done so not sure I'll be taking it. Maybe it's my current role (NOC) but I've become more interested in the *nix side of things.

    Python has been interesting but my skillset with it is nowhere near where I want it to be so between Python/Bash/Linux, I'll be keeping busy.

    Considering going down the route of doing an IT degree but still unsure yet.

    Edit: also started to enjoy cycling a lot more so that's taking up some of my time, feels good to get away from the tech for at least an hour a day.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Waka Flocka FlameWaka Flocka Flame Banned Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well I've danced around the idea of getting certificates for over a year.. I have a library of books that have hardly been touched. I just lacked enthusiasm tbh. Recently I enrolled onto a distance learning BTEC computer course (BTEC is a recognised UK qualification) and I am really enjoying it, I get my own tutor who responds rapidly aswell as giving me practical tasks to do... pretty much like being in class. I hope to finish by October very latest then go for the A+ and be certified by the end of the year.
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kinet1c wrote: »
    Got Linux+, other certs will not get done this year as I've lost interest in them altogether (for the moment). VCP5 is still scheduled but no study done so not sure I'll be taking it. Maybe it's my current role (NOC) but I've become more interested in the *nix side of things.

    Python has been interesting but my skillset with it is nowhere near where I want it to be so between Python/Bash/Linux, I'll be keeping busy.

    Considering going down the route of doing an IT degree but still unsure yet.

    Edit: also started to enjoy cycling a lot more so that's taking up some of my time, feels good to get away from the tech for at least an hour a day.

    Got signed up to do a Bsc in Information Systems, really looking forward to doing it. Some VCP5 study has been done, exam is set for October 7th but may have to bring it forward.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • KrusaderKrusader Member Posts: 109
    Kinet1c wrote: »
    Got signed up to do a Bsc in Information Systems, really looking forward to doing it. Some VCP5 study has been done, exam is set for October 7th but may have to bring it forward.


    Where are you doing the degree Kinet1c
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Krusader wrote: »
    Where are you doing the degree Kinet1c

    It's in DCU, Open Education | DCU
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Finally got a decent rotation at work (NOC) so I have 3 days off a week. So I plan to finish my ccna, get ccna security and maybe security+
    meh
  • fareeddabesfareeddabes Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys
    I read your posts.
    I have a question.
    would u please Someone tell me about the salary IT jobs?
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
Sign In or Register to comment.