Options

CEH Eligibility

glenn_33glenn_33 Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
For all your CEH's out there...How did you go about applying for the exam? When I bought my CEH book I was unaware you had to apply for eligibility. I know I don't have two years of security experience, so is there anything I can do? I was under the assumption you could take the exam and just pass, but boy was I wrong! icon_cry.gif
A+/N+/S+/CCNA:RS/CCNA:Sec

Comments

• Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Unfortunately, no there is nothing you can do as far as just "taking the exam". In order to schedule the exam at either PV or Prometric, you have to purchase your voucher through EC-COUNCIL, and you are then provided with the voucher as well as an eligibility code that you must produce at the testing center.

The only option you have without any experience is to take one of the classes offered by EC-COUNCIL (they aren't cheap!).
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply, TechGuy. I was actually looking at the courses but they're all Monday - Friday 8:00 - 5:00, which conflicts with my work schedule. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    glenn_33 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, TechGuy. I was actually looking at the courses but they're all Monday - Friday 8:00 - 5:00, which conflicts with my work schedule. icon_rolleyes.gif

No problem. I also see that you don't have your SEC+ yet. I would recommend pursuing that before your CEH, that way you will have the COMPTia Tri-Force, and covered a lot of the topics that will be touched on in the CEH exam.
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You can also take their online course. I am not sure if you can go at your own speed, or if you have to do it during the normal working hours.
  • Options
    nevermorenevermore Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took the CEH class at my local community college during the evening which worked well for me and the price was affordable. If you pursue this route, make sure the community college is authorized by EC-Council so they can authorize you to take the exam.
    Obtained:
    • CISSP/ISSAP/ISSMP, CISM, GISP, CEH
    • M.S. Information Security and Assurance Norwich University
    • B.S. Cybersecurity UMUC
    In Queue: PMP, CCSP, CRISC

• Options
    sckalathsckalath Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would check out your community college as well. Here in the Seattle area I think Edmonds offers courses for it...not positive though. I took the online self-paced straight from EC-Council. They're decent but you'll have to seriously supplement your course work with self-guided studying and practice.
  • Options
    I never thought about trying my community college or the online course. That's actually a good idea, I'll try that. Thanks guys!
  • Options
    certerocertero Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the self paced online class through Ec council.. It was about $1600 which included the voucher..