Passed CISSP

Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
I took my CISSP exam on Monday and passed. :D I used Shon Harris book along with the Conrad book and 11th hour book. I used the practice questions on the cccure.org site and paid the $50 to have access to all 1500+ questions.

Overall the Shon Harris book was probably best - but it was VERY long and VERY dry. The Conrad book was an easier read, but I felt like it did not go into quite as much detail. The 11th hour book was a good final review.

The exam was not that bad - just LONG. 250 questions tends to wear you down. I felt like it was a reasonably hard exam - but all of the questions seemed to be very fair. There were only 3-4 questions where I had not at least seen the info somewhere in my study materials.

Took about 3 months to get ready with about 1-2 hours per day most days. I did take Saturdays off to watch college football and to enjoy a few adult beverages....

Now on to the CCNP...

Comments

• zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, I just passed yesterday myself! Now onto endorsement
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • cknapp78cknapp78 Member Posts: 213 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • cdupuiscdupuis Inactive Imported Users Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation!

Your hard work has paid off

Clement
  • TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sweet! icon_cheers.gif I'm sitting the CISSP on Dec 6! Can't wait! icon_thumright.gif

Cheers.
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats....I hope to be taking the exam late next month or early January.

College football has killed my study time on the weekends as well. icon_eek.gif
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• samurai86samurai86 Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    Bachelor's of Applied Science in Technology Management - Information Security Assurance (St. Petersburg College)
    Masters of Science in Digital Forensics (University of Central Florida)
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • acomoacomo Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took my CISSP exam on Monday and passed. :D I used Shon Harris book along with the Conrad book and 11th hour book. I used the practice questions on the cccure.org site and paid the $50 to have access to all 1500+ questions.

Overall the Shon Harris book was probably best - but it was VERY long and VERY dry. The Conrad book was an easier read, but I felt like it did not go into quite as much detail. The 11th hour book was a good final review.

The exam was not that bad - just LONG. 250 questions tends to wear you down. I felt like it was a reasonably hard exam - but all of the questions seemed to be very fair. There were only 3-4 questions where I had not at least seen the info somewhere in my study materials.

Took about 3 months to get ready with about 1-2 hours per day most days. I did take Saturdays off to watch college football and to enjoy a few adult beverages....

Now on to the CCNP...

congratulations, how similar were the actual questions and the cccure/aio questions?
  • Kamat2000Kamat2000 Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • plitz2791plitz2791 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • acomoacomo Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Very good mate! congratulations, how long did it take you to finish?
  • Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    The test took me about 2.5 hours. I don't want to take any chances violating the NDA for the exam, but I would say that if you are getting over 80% on the cccure questions you should be in very good shape for the exam... And the Shon Harris book also is a good way to cover most everything on the exam as well...
  • kccomputerpilotkccomputerpilot Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Kick ace....job well done my friend. Bet it feels good and makes all the sacrifices worth it.