Options

My Fellow CISSPs, don't forget to vote tomorrow for (ISC)2 Board of Directors

TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
To all my fellow CISSPs, starting tomorrow please do not forget to vote between November 16th - 30th for (ISC)2 Board of Directors

Vote Jennifer Minella (ISC)2 Board of Directors

Jennifer Minella is currently VP of Engineering and Consulting CISO with Carolina Advanced Digital, Inc.

"Bringing reinvigoration and integrity to (ISC)2"

For more information about Jennifer please visit:Who is this person running for (ISC)2 board? (JJ) | Security Uncorked#!

Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida

Comments

• Options
    Hi everyone,
    I've been hinting for several days that a big announcement was coming. The long version is in the link below. The short version - I'm one of the 8 people on the board-approved ballot for an ISC2 international board position.

I'm happy to have a chance to help the organization and affect some change, but on a board of 15, there's only so much 1 or 2 people can do. So, I'm risking my cushy nomination and launching the largest write-in campaign in the history of ISC2 voting.

Why?
    CISSP-ers have been asking for change, and it has been happening too slowly for many. There have been no term limits, and the organization has diverged from the desired of its members.

We're shaking up a 90,000-member organization with a massive write-in campaign and I'd like you to read the details, and if you agree, I ask for your support.

How to help.
    If you're a CISSP, please vote and whether you're a CISSP or not, please help spread the word. The write-in candidates are all involved with this campaign and I've been in contact with each of them to discuss their goals, objectives, strategies.

I genuinely believe that these people can help steer the organization back toward a course the members want, without destroying the good that's been built over the years.

This is completely do-able, with a voting presence of less than 2%, we only need a thousand or two votes for the write-ins.

A call to action... a new era... something that has never succeeded before, but it will this time. Join us!

Read more at...
    "CISSPs: Call to Action for (ISC)2 Elections (Nov 16-30)"
    http://securityuncorked.com/?p=1806

More details coming soon. I'll be introducing the candidates.

-jj
    Jennifer Minella, CISSP, HP MASE
    VP of Engineering
    Carolina Advanced Digital, Inc.
    Cary, NC
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Surprised when I went to the (ISC)2 voting page this morning and read the bios from all eight candidates. Compared to last year's "four horsemen" this year has been pretty tame. Lots of talk about accomplishing things then you never hear a word from the board. Or at the very least you have to go do a deep dive to find anything as significant as meeting minutes. Last years results? Meh to next to nothing, in my opinion. New certifications, notwithstanding. Think Gattica who was elected last year on a promise of promoting some accountability - nothing.

The (ISC)2 board needs to first protect the member investment by raising the requirements bar while increasing the audit rate. I'll say this point blank: Too many people who should not be certified are going to kill the CISSP. Meet way too many over the years and seen this played out before way to many times.

This year I would love to see some sort of result but my expectation bar is set pretty low given the past few years worth of examples. Good luck, Jen, my votes have been cast.

- B Eads
  • Options
    I just PM'd you!