Options

Could my approval have been affected?

CoolMikeCoolMike Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys,

I recently went through the entire application process with WGU for a Business Degree in IT Management and they actually denied my application. Of course my enrollment counselor suggested taking a few classes at Straighterline and than we would go back and edit my work experience a little more and such. My original idea was to go for a general IT degree since my passion is in management with IT / project management or Business Analyst. When I saw the Business degree I was like wow that couldn't match me anymore and switched over to that.

Do you guys think if I reverted back to the IT degree I would have a way better chance of getting in? I have one college course and my A+ that counted as credits and i've been working Help Desk for almost 2 years which I don't think they took into consideration since it was a business degree and not an IT degree.

Thanks for you feedback!

Comments

• Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would go back to the General IT degree and spend the semester taking courses that will transfer into the business degree then switch courses at the end of the semester. Either that or get the General IT degree and go for the Master's degree.
  • Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    Instead of asking a forum full of people who can only guess, why not ask the enrollment counselor that you were working with? Your answer is likely a quick email away.
  • Options
    CoolMikeCoolMike Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Akaricloud wrote: »
    Instead of asking a forum full of people who can only guess, why not ask the enrollment counselor that you were working with? Your answer is likely a quick email away.

Different people have different experiences. When I asked her the question it seemed like she didnt want me to go to an IT degree because I came off like i was deriving away from what I really wanted to do even though I didnt mean to come off like that. But I agree I could email them. I have a phone call with them in 3 weeks so that will be the convo. I like the first post though thats a great idea if I could get in as an IT major without doing anything extra on my own.

Thanks for the feedback.