Options

Taking 200-120 next week!!

Arthurg81Arthurg81 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys this is my first post. So I'm taking the composite CCNA next week and it will be my first crack at a Cisco test. Though about taking it in 2 stages but just decided to go for it. Has anyone taken the 200-120 composite and if so any helpful suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Anything on the sims or just what to expect in general.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    No one can give you any information about the sims or the actual content of the test. Just study up on the objectives and you will be good to go.

Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Does anyone else have anything to add or encouraging info, I joined this forum because I thought I would get some valuable information and support on here. I'm fairly nervous about taking the 200-120 since it will be my first time taking a Cisco exam. So many people that are new to it take it as 2 exams. Now I'm starting to wonder if I should do the same and just take the ICDN1 at first.
  • Options
    Hammer80Hammer80 Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry networker050184 is right, the best thing that you can do is pick up the official Cisco Press Wendell Odom book for the CCNA and learn what's in there. The best anybody can do is let you know the reasonable expectation on what could be on the test. None of us can gave you the details of the specific exam we took because we would be breaking the NDA(Non-Disclosure Agreement) that everybody here which took the test has to agree to under the penalty of having our certifications revoked permanently.

If you are new to Cisco take the ICDN1 and then once you pass take the ICDN2 do not take the single composite exam that is for folks which just need to re-certify or have tons of experience in the field. What it simply comes down to is we can point you in the right direction, give you tips on how to study, but we cannot tell you what is exactly on the exam. Yes you will receive tons of valuable information and support here, if you plan on taking any IT certifications than this site will be the most valuable source of information that you can find.
  • Options
    Has anyone taken the composite 200-120 as their first try at a Cisco exam? Do you think it would be too difficult for a noob? I thought that if I take the separate exams it might be more difficult that way.
  • Options
    santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    I was very familiar with CISCO after taking two separate courses on it, and reading two books, and I failed the exam. Cisco is no joke of an exam. Be sure to use the cisco practice exams so that you have an idea of what they expect in simulations etc.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I don't think the exam will be too difficult as long as you have studied the material just like any other exam. I did the composite exam for CCNA but it was an older version.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.