Passed A+ Today!

RuminusRuminus Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I understand there are many people out there with many more certs and much more experience than I. But, I passed my 220-801 yesterday and 220-802 today. I'm on cloud 9 and just wanted to share because I learned an awful lot from browsing these threads. Onward and upward(this completes my admissions requirements to WGU as well, so that's a huge step)! Thank you to all whose brains I picked while lurking. icon_cheers.gif
WGU Classes Finished: GAC1, WFV1, UBC1, EUP1, EUC1, TCP1, COV1, CJC1, CUV1, CQV1, IWT1, TPV1, CTV1, C173, C185, ABV1, C179, C697, C698
Program (BSIT-NA) completion: 80%

Comments

• FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations mate! icon_cheers.gif

What's next on the Agenda?
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!!! Its a good feeling! So whats next? Take a quick break from this hardware/software business and pound out the ITIL F, I am seeing that on "required skills" more and more around here.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • RuminusRuminus Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks to all who have offered congratulations. It is a very good feeling. I've started studying for the Network+. My reasoning there is that the cert is not included in my program at WGU, so why not just get it done on my own? I should start WGU Jan 1 of 2014. In addition to this, my job wants all of us to be RHCSA certified as soon as possible, so I'll have to toss that in there somewhere. Now that I can add the A+ to my transcript, it looks like I should be starting with 15 class requirements already fulfilled according to the last transcript evaluation I have from WGU.
    WGU Classes Finished: GAC1, WFV1, UBC1, EUP1, EUC1, TCP1, COV1, CJC1, CUV1, CQV1, IWT1, TPV1, CTV1, C173, C185, ABV1, C179, C697, C698
  • finneyjabrahamfinneyjabraham Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing.
    Finney Abraham

2014 Goal
    WGU BS-Network Administration [ ]
    CCNA [X] CCDA [ ] MCSA [X] Project+ [X] Storage+ [ ]
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Ruminus wrote: »
    Thanks to all who have offered congratulations. It is a very good feeling. I've started studying for the Network+. My reasoning there is that the cert is not included in my program at WGU, so why not just get it done on my own? I should start WGU Jan 1 of 2014. In addition to this, my job wants all of us to be RHCSA certified as soon as possible, so I'll have to toss that in there somewhere. Now that I can add the A+ to my transcript, it looks like I should be starting with 15 class requirements already fulfilled according to the last transcript evaluation I have from WGU.

I would suggest reading the N+ material, but don't sit for the N+. Use that knowledge to start reading/prepping for the ICND1 (CCENT) exam which is of similar difficulty as the N+ but will help you to achieve CCNA where as the N+ is the end of the line. The N+ will cover most of what you need for the CCENT, then all you have to learn is Cisco terms and how to use a few of the commands.
  • adam220891adam220891 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
    New CCENT covers a lot more than the N+. Way more subnetting, much deeper understanding of how packets/frames travel, bigger IPv6 presence, and then the plethora of IOS material. I passed the N+ earlier in the month, I've been studying for the CCENT since September (I have a class at school that uses the ICND1 book) and I just wouldn't say they are even in the same league.

Still, if you have the money, I'd get the N+. It's recognized and renews the A+, and Cisco says there is a higher pass rate for the CCNA for those who hold the N+. Messer has good videos. But, I would expect to spend a bit more time getting the CCENT, just my 2 cents.
    adam220891 wrote: »
    New CCENT covers a lot more than the N+. Way more subnetting, much deeper understanding of how packets/frames travel, bigger IPv6 presence, and then the plethora of IOS material. I passed the N+ earlier in the month, I've been studying for the CCENT since September (I have a class at school that uses the ICND1 book) and I just wouldn't say they are even in the same league.

Still, if you have the money, I'd get the N+. It's recognized and renews the A+, and Cisco says there is a higher pass rate for the CCNA for those who hold the N+. Messer has good videos. But, I would expect to spend a bit more time getting the CCENT, just my 2 cents.

Excellent points, but renewal of the A+ is hardly a concern at this time as I just received it. I was actually considering holding off on the N+ for a little while for just that reason; to make the renewal worth something.
  • adam220891adam220891 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think CCENT or CCNA actually renews the A+ as well. Then S+ renews both, etc. If your career advances the way you want it, you will probably end up letting these expire anyway, I would think.

I personally just think it's a good idea to get it IF you don't mind paying 235 bucks (use the discount voucher site). You might consider using Messer's videos and then going to take the MTA 98-366 which covers similar topics, and would get you an MCP certificate.

At any rate CCENT is more valuable, I just would expect it to be a big jump over the A+, and a little smaller of a jump over the N+.

Good luck!
  • krish2crazykrish2crazy Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass
  • ctricochectricoche Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice Job... Congrats I am studying fro 801 and I am curious to know how much time and how many questions they throw at you? Thanks
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Great job! Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

It's the same for everyone on time as far as I know at 90 minutes. Number of questions will vary depending on which version of the exam you get and if you get a standard or adaptive exam. I think the great majority of how this all works is outlined on CompTIA's site if I remember correctly. Good luck!
  • earonw49earonw49 Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    WGU B.S. IT - Progress: Feb 2015 - End Date Jan 2018
    WGU M.S Cyber Security & Assurance - Progress: March 2019 - End Date June 2019
  • w00tw00t Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Muhammad awaisMuhammad awais Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi this is awais actually I'm relly together a + certificate but some reason I dnt understand what I'm suppose I search online a lot reading notes but I dnt understand where to starts I mean the basics if you help me out relly appreciated