Options

Top 10 Cloud Certs according to CIO.com

JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
This url came across my Twitter feed.

http://www.cio.com/slideshow/detail/129043/Top-10-Cloud-Computing-Certifications?utm_campaign=sflow_tweet#slide2

I didn't know that Google now had a cert, along with not hearing about the majority of these certs either.
***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
-unknown

Comments

• Options
    ccnxjrccnxjr Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Odd, I may have clicked through too quickly, but didn't see Amazon's certification on there:

AWS Certification

That was the only one I knew about !
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Definitely didn't know Google had a certification. Heard of most of the other ones and I agree, very surprised AWS didn't make the list. I know a ton of companies using them in some capacity or another.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    prampram Member Posts: 171
    This is a pretty bad list.
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well, at least the VCP made the list. Also, I only counted 9 certs in the slides.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    One slide has two: "IBM Certified Cloud Solution Architect v1 and v3 "
  • Options
    Blessmewithgrace1Blessmewithgrace1 Registered Users Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This isn't the greatest list, but there are some interesting choices.
  • Options
    JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    My question is, would having any of these certs or any Cloud Cert help those who want to break into Cloud Work?
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • Options
    prampram Member Posts: 171
    Depends on the platform obviously. If you're using OpenStack the Redhat/Rackspace/IBM certs may be useful. If you're using AWS then their Solutions Architect cert is the best option.

Honestly you're probably better off with an RHCE than any of these. I've been working solely with AWS for 2 years and I do have the Solutions Architect cert. Few people even know it exists, the material is good though.