Options

CISSP - 2 Weeks - The Final Countdown!

TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
Well, I sit the CISSP in just about two weeks (Dec 6). I honestly feel well prepared. I've read Conrad and Harris, and watched the CISSP boot-camp series videos. I've taken several practice tests with 250 questions per sitting, to make sure I'm ready to handle the actual test length/time. I've been finishing in roughly 4 - 4.5 hours at 85-93%, which is good as I can have time to flag some questions and come back to review.

I can't wait!!! This will be an awesome early Christmas present if I pass! icon_thumright.gif

Thanks again to all the TE members for support, advice, and counseling! :)

As usual, I will update this thread post-exam with my results!
* Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
* Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
* Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration

Comments

• Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You definitely sound ready. I passed a week ago while doing a similar approach to you but you've seem to read even more by reading Harris entirely. You'll do great, just read the questions a couple times over if you need to, it helped for me. Good luck and be sure to post when you pass!
  • Options
    da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    Good luck, it sounds like your ready to me too. Just remember to get a good night sleep the night before.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Personally, I wanted a rather full bottle of something stiff and had a slight burn afterwards. Thankfully I took my exam in a hotel meeting room so the bar was next door. Considered that to be a "win-win" for everyone. YMMV.

Good luck.

- B Eads
  • Options
    redzredz Member Posts: 265 ■■■□□□□□□□
    beads wrote: »
    I wanted a rather full bottle of something stiff and had a slight burn afterwards.
    My dad makes the best eggnog.

Merry Christmas, TechGuy, and good luck on the exam! You sound well prepared, just don't let your studies fall off in the next two weeks due to feeling "like you already got it".
  • Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    beads wrote: »
    Personally, I wanted a rather full bottle of something stiff and had a slight burn afterwards. Thankfully I took my exam in a hotel meeting room so the bar was next door. Considered that to be a "win-win" for everyone. YMMV.

Good luck.

- B Eads

Haha. I wish! I did have to take the day off from work, so if I pass I may treat myself to a beverage as well.
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good luck on the test, you'll kill it! icon_thumright.gif
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    twentytwentytwentytwenty Banned Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am also sitting for my CISSP exam, and with a few weeks left, I have been looking for useful resources. The dummies' Guide to CISSP was basic but easy to use, and 100Questions Exam Portal (at 100Questions - Your Premier Exam Portal - 100Questions - Your Premier Exam Portal) has also been useful with many relevant concepts and articles. I hope that I would be able to find some relevant best practices from this forum as well as I am a new sign up.

Wish me luck!