Options

CCNA-CCNP Home Lab questions?

dfrisdfris Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

My name is Daryl, and this is my first post on this forum board. I am currently enrolled at FHSU in a B.S. program for Networking and Telecom. I have just finished up the Cisco Netacad CCNA class 1 or what is called internetworking 1 from my school.

I have worked with Packet tracer for 16 weeks now. And it is a great tool, however, I feel that I am missing something, and would like to setup a Home Lab. I am planning to go through the internetoworking class 2 and 3 one each semester.

However, I have talked to my instructors and we have decied to take out all the security classes, and roll them into a CCNP security Masters degree with I finish up my B.S degree.

So In general i will be having a CCna networking, and a CCnP security degree when Im done here in a 3 years. All this seems fine, but I think I need to get my hands on some real equipment to say the least. This should give me the foundation needed to start my certs path.

I do want to setup a home lab, and have been looking at different cisco products. So far i have these in mind

2x 2950 switchs
1x 3550 switch
2 x cisco 2600 xm seriers router
1x 2900 router

Iv seen some say these as well

cisco 3620/3640
cisco 1841

And seen a post about a
ASA server

I would really like to buy these parts just one time. I have seen the kits on ebay, and such, but I think finding the right products just adds to the knowledge.

Could someone take a look at these, and maybe suggest the right products for my CCna and CCnp security path, that would be very helpful. Im open to any advice, but I do want to go phycial lab, and money is an object. I dont want cheap, but over $800 is out.

Thanks for your time
Daryl

Comments