Wgu bs it

Has anyone completed the BS IT? I would love to know if it provided value or if you guys think it would be a better use of time to go after something like BS Sec.

Thanks

Comments

• Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Any degree is going to provide value. They are both a BS in IT, that's what both diplomas will say. Just a few different courses. You just have to look at the certs included and see which one fits better with which direction you want to take your career.
  • CoolAsAFanCoolAsAFan Member Posts: 239
    Danielm7 wrote: »
    You just have to look at the certs included and see which one fits better with which direction you want to take your career.

= Very good advice.

Depending on your definition of "value" and if I remember correctly, the BSIT Sec has more and better certs.
    IvyTech - AS CINS (Completed: May, 2013)
    WGU Indiana - BS IT Security
    (Started: August 1st, 2013)

Transferred: AGC1 CDP1 BVC1 CLC1 CVV1 DHV1 DJV1 GAC1 CIC1 CDC1 UBT1 IWC1 IWT1 TCP1 TJP1 TJC1 EBV1 WFV1 EUP1 EUC1 CJC1 UBC1 TBP1
    Completed: CUV1 BOV1 DRV1 DSV1 CTV1 CJV1 COV1 CQV1 CNV1 TPV1 MGC1 TXC1 TXP1 BNC1 TYP1 TYC1
    Required:
    SBT1 RGT1 RIT1
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I figure that I can take any certs that I want to get a certain job and having the general IT degree gives me a lot more flexibility. If my career path doesn't go exactly how I intend it to go, which realistically it never does, then I think it would be better in that instance.