Options

Practice Exam for 70-410

KorovievKoroviev Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone,

I am currently preparing to take 70-410. I work full-time for a managed services/cloud provider. I set up a home lab running Server 2012 on Windows 8 with Hyper-V, and I am managing it primarily with PowerShell, which I have played with a fair amount at work to address various situations.

In addition, I watched the entire TrainSignal series for 410, which seemed like a decent primer, and I am making my way through the CBT series on the same. The book selection seems a tad slim, so I have been looking through Server 2012 Inside Out, and I am grudgingly returning to the dull Exam Ref from MS. I was considering the Sybex study guide, but I was seeing a lot of negative comments. And I bookmarked the thread for 70-410 links to Technet ;)

One thing that I feel that I am missing is a decent practice exam. It's a huge bummer to not have the Transcender exams from Trainsignal following the acquisition, but $140 a la carte is steep considering the exam itself is $150 (okay, my employer is covering it, but still). So, I am looking at Self-Test. I have seen a few posters say good things about it on here.

Thoughts? Also, I am quite green in the world of IT certification exams. Is it typical to see Cyber Monday/Black Friday deals for any of the study material?