Options

CCcure (paid version) V/s Transcender

ash.murash.mur Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys

Anybody has seen the similarity between CCcure paid version questions and the Transcender questions, is it same or different. I have compeleted CCcure paid version questions , so just wanted to know how worth is it to purchase the transcender question bank

Comments

• Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The CCCure questions have primarily been written by volunteers who have recently completed their CISSPs and are trying to give back to the community as a whole. Since you can also double-dip on this by taking those same questions and submitting them the (ISC)2 for CPE credits it quickly becomes a double-win for the individual and community.

I do not know who authors the Transcender questions but assume its much the same. Some have sworn by either if not both, so its more of a personal preference with no valid right or wrong.

- B Eads
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    The Transcender CISSP practice exam items have a uniform look and feel that comes from using uniform writing style rules and editing. The last time I saw the free CISSP practice items at cccure.org they were all over the place in style, detail, and quality. I have no idea how cccure.org vets the source and accuracy of the practice exam items submitted to them.
  • Options
    mister704mister704 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    The Transcender CISSP practice exam items have a uniform look and feel that comes from using uniform writing style rules and editing. The last time I saw the free CISSP practice items at cccure.org they were all over the place in style, detail, and quality. I have no idea how cccure.org vets the source and accuracy of the practice exam items submitted to them.

Agreed, which is why I was not really a fan of CCCure. Transcender made all the difference for me. I took like a total of 3000+ questions. I took the four 250 question practice tests like 2 times each. I recommend Transcender but I could be different from everyone else.
  • Options
    cdupuiscdupuis Inactive Imported Users Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good day to all,

WARNING: As the owner of CCCure I am bias here.

Transcender has for meny years done a good job at coming out with questions that are of good quality and meeting most of the exam objectives for many certifications.

That being said, Transcender will charge you more than twice the price of CCCure for 2/3 the number of questions.

I agree with previous comments that some of the questions are of OK quality. However, this is no longer the norm, it is more the exception than the norm. I can send you hundreds of messages from users who have recently used the CCCure quizzes and other quizzes as well. The very large majority said it is what helped them the most in their studies.

Our quiz engine is custom made based on feedback and requests we have received over the year from test takers. It is build to mimic the real exam as closely as possible. On a very large test of 250 questions it will give you a similar percentage of questions per domain to what you would get on the real exam. The quiz engine is build to keep track of your progress and allow you to drill down on your weak domains or even sub topics within domains. Our quiz engine is NOT static like transcender, boson, testkng, and many others. These companies updates are done only a couple times a year, we make changes daily to our quiz engine, we constantly add, improve, deleted, modify questions almost on a daily basis.

Over the past year we have added dozens of new CISSP questions, we have added hundreds of CEH questions which are all of the exact same format and all of them offer very thorough explanations as to WHY the best choice is the best choice and not only a one or two liners. Most of our questions are self contained and you rarely need to visit other websites or books, they are very complete. We have done the same over the past few weeks with Security+. the quality of our Security+ questions are simply top notch, I do believe we have one of the best test for that certification if you wish to get ready for the exam while learning skills and knowledge.

We do look forward as well. I have already started to work on the next generation of the CISSP questions. The format of the exam will change in early 2014 where you will get drag and drop questions, you will get some where you must use the mouse to select an item, you will get the select two, select three, or select all that apply. This will be a major change that people will see in the new year.

Last but not least, I always pride myself on answering every single message that I receive from the quiz takers within usually a day or less and sometimes within minutes. Try to get an authoritative answer to your query by sending a message to Transcender, Boson, or any other company out there, you will quickly realized that you are on your own.

I can produce quiz exactly like Transcender and many others out there, it would be so much simpler to do so. However, we like the holistic approach and we will continue to educate people instead of producing dummies who knows what is the right answer but fail to understand WHY.

Transcender is not a community, they sell you a static quiz and this is it, you get no other resources for free as we offer. We have been offering for the past 13 years all you need such as: Exam Cram, Forums, Downloads, Study Guides, Mailing lits, and a whole lot more. We do reinvest heavily into helping the community at large. We have helped more than 150,000 people in becoming certified.

The money you spent on the quiz helps us to pay for multiple dedicated servers for our family of portals. At one point when you have a very large community of users to support it cannot be done properly without incurring some serious expenses. Those expenses have to be paid somehow or else you go out of business. This is why we have the quiz engine and a few other resources that we sell.

Best regards to all

Clement

CCCure Founder and Owner
    Check out our quiz engine at: https://www.freepracticetests.org/
    Check out our scenario based questions for the CISSP at: https://www.cccure.com/cart/categories/CISSP-Scenario-Based-Questions/
    Check out our Security+ 301 Tutorial at: http://www.cccure.tv
  • Options
    !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Edit: Ignore, should have read Clement's reply fully before commenting.
  • Options
    Good for you Clement! I mean that and here's a reputation bump to boot.

I can and shall write a couple more questions particularly in the drag and drop style for the upcoming 2014 series of the test. Really, folks stop worrying about the change in question format as much as you need to learn the material itself. It does nothing for the community to have more "history regurgitators" out there than security professionals who understand and know how to apply the knowledge.

I think your more likely to get a better idea of the test from a few hundred sets of eyes than from a uniform style and fell of a few sets of eyes from Transcender. I really have no idea how many different folks have submitted questions to CCCure versus the number of folks at Transcender. Particularly in security, a thousand creative minds will crush the individual in no time at all. Community wisdom wins over the individual.

- B Eads
  • Options
    redzredz Member Posts: 265 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've never felt the need to use a quiz engine other than CCCure. I used it for both the CISSP and the ISSEP.

It was inadequate for the ISSEP (but show me a better one). It was fine for the CISSP. There were a few questions that were worded poorly, but the exam itself words questions poorly on purpose, so...? I don't recall any questions that were out of date or incorrect for the CISSP, though I haven't used it for that purpose in quite a while.

This is from someone who has no problem voicing criticism of companies, people, exams, materials, et al (as I'm sure most people have noticed by this point based on my other posts). I don't consider myself particularly biased.

If you'd like me to run through a 250 question CISSP exam on CCCure and give a full, unbiased review tomorrow evening (probably the soonest opportunity available to me), I think my account is still active and paid. The CISSP only took me an hour or so, so I can't imagine that a 250 question test wherein I'm also grading the questions would take me more than three.

EDIT: I just verified I have more than ample time left on my license. Let me know if you would like to me to do a run-through.
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would be interested, Redz.
  • Options
    redzredz Member Posts: 265 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Look for it on Thanksgiving morning. It's the only thing I intend to get you for the holidays. I'll make a new thread so you guys can character-assassinate me in it (always acceptable, as long as it's funny).

EDIT: I've just been told that not only will I be out of town tonight, but will be in pre-Internet times until Saturday. I will do everything I can to get it up Saturday evening.
  • Options
    acomoacomo Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Clement, what about the studiscope questions?
  • Options
    acomo;

Its in a bit of bad taste to ask someone to comment on his competition, dont'cha think?

- B Eads
  • Options
    ash.murash.mur Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Clement

Thanks for that good response. I had given CISSP on 19th November and scored a nailbiting 696 (not sure where i missed that 1 question (if it is graded 4 marks)).

Hence as a part of strategy for my second attempt, i was trying to find out how to apprach my study style with different set of questions.

I think its better if i request you to let me know the approach for my second attempt. I used to score somewhere around 75-80% in 50 questions and somewhere around 75-78% in 250 questions. I have taken close to 4000+ questions in CCcure.

Awaiting for your valuable response.
  • Options
    acomoacomo Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i know that clement is very objective icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    redz wrote: »
    Look for it on Thanksgiving morning. It's the only thing I intend to get you for the holidays. I'll make a new thread so you guys can character-assassinate me in it (always acceptable, as long as it's funny).

EDIT: I've just been told that not only will I be out of town tonight, but will be in pre-Internet times until Saturday. I will do everything I can to get it up Saturday evening.
    Awesome, thanks!
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    I've had the CISSP several years now, and cccure.org was invaluable at the time. But why not just take questions from multiple reputable sources? I understand money is an issue for some, but I took CCCure, Transcender, and StudiScope practice tests.