Options

Gearing up for 70-685

ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
Hey everyone.
I just finished my 70-680 and I am gearing up for my 70-685 examination. I was looking at the material on the sticky, but is that information still accurate? The reviews on the books, especially the Microsoft book, have been getting hammered hard about not being up to date on current material. To that end, I was wondering what books or resources you have used to study to successfully pass this certification?

Thanks in advanced!
--
“Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
2015 Goals: [] 70-410

Comments

• Options
    Cascaders79Cascaders79 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    AFAIK the sticky links are still correct and accurate. I worked mainly out of the MS Press book and it was painful to read but I believe it covered the required material reasonably well. I didn't do as well on the 685 as I did on the 680 but there is some overlap of material. The 685 seems to be a less popular test with many people opting for the 686 instead. I think thats at least part of why resources seem to be scarce. Good luck!
  • Options
    devils_haircutdevils_haircut Member Posts: 284 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I personally thought the 685 was cake compared to the 680, and it actually seemed to cover a lot of the same material (BrancheCache, VPNs, simple networking concepts, etc.). But I still haven't passed the 680 yet either (two fails).