Options

Passed! Woo hoo!

zcamerozcamero Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Finally passed on my second attempt. Made a 696 the first time. The preparation was brutal! The test didn't seem, so bad this time around. The technical part of the test isn't bad it's the question wording that gets you.

I read Conrad's book the first time around. I tried but couldn't read Shon Harris' book just too much for me. Second go around I did every question from her AIO 6th edition and a lot from her companion cd. I also listened to some mp3 lessons she had.

My wife is currently taking the exam wish her luck.

Comments

• Options
    HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    Wow that's great to hear!

Congratulations !
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    Chassidic1Chassidic1 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I am just trying to understanding; were those Shon Harris AIO Guide 6th ed. questions and some of her audio all you did to ramp up material-wise between test 1 and test2, or were there maybe some other things?

Good luck to your wife; I think that is really cool actually (that both of you decided to "go for it").

Best Regards,
    dovid
  • Options
    zcamerozcamero Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys! So glad I got this test under my belt.
    Chas- I was so close after taking it the first time I felt like I just needed some harder questions to practice and better understanding of a couple of the domains. If you can stay awake I thought the Shon Harris audio was pretty good. I did look a few other places that were suggested on this site like the 25 page CISSP summary and that SANS webcast. To me the best questions I could find is comprehensive test in the back of the AIO Guide.

Unfortunately my wife didn't pass it was her first try. I think she was like me the first go around alright with the technical portion but had trouble with figuring out what the question was asking.
    This time around I read slowly tried to eliminate any answer that didn't make sense or didn't seem to pertain to the question. Re-read the question and picked an answer.
  • Options
    Kamat2000Kamat2000 Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats ..... last time i got 696 ......and i am sure this time i am gonna pass it .....icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! That is awesome. Once I've cleared my plate and had a sit down with a current CISSP, I plan on studying/sitting for the exam. Maybe I'll get AIO for Christmas...that would be cool. Hmmmmmm....
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    acomoacomo Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations mate. This is awesome.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    W2G!!!icon_cheers.gif I'm sitting the CISSP in just over a week... eeeeeeeeek! icon_silent.gif
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    samurai86samurai86 Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Bachelor's of Applied Science in Technology Management - Information Security Assurance (St. Petersburg College)
    Masters of Science in Digital Forensics (University of Central Florida)
  • Options
    ash.murash.mur Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    HI zcamero

Thanks for posting. I am on the same boat as you were couple of days back. Even i am scored 696 in my first attempt. Going for my second attempt in next 45 days. let me know any special tips if it is there

This time i am taking a main points from shon harris as notes and then reading CBK as well and Cccure questions as well (i did it last time as well ; this time i have to give it more strong). Nervous to give it second time as i have a fear that i might loose again and loose 36k Indian rupees (599$)
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif