Options

Reading White Paper - Group A CPE

xlfnetworkxlfnetwork Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
How do I submit the cpe for reading whitepaper, I cannot find the CPE Type "Reading for Whitepaper"?

Comments

• Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There isn't a slot for reading a white paper. You can submit for writing a 1-5 page white paper or a 6+ page paper for CPE credit. You can subscribe to any number of security related magazines (2 subscriptions a year) for a total of 10 type A credits a year as well. My personal choices for magazines are CSO and SC Magazine.

Almost a year ahead of schedule on my CPEs myself. Always itch to have everything logged, recorded and audit ready a year out.

- B Eads
  • Options
    xlfnetworkxlfnetwork Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Beads thanks for your reply. If we refer to https://www.isc2.org/uploadedFiles/(ISC)2_Member_Content/CPEs/cpe_guidelines.pdf It mentioned that Reading White Paper is considered Group A cpe and will be awarded 1 cpe. As below:

Reading white paper – Group A only
    Members can claim one CPE credit for reading a white paper published in any authentic/valid
    organizational website. In order to earn the one CPE, members must write a brief summary of what they
    learned (approx. 25 words) and upload the information, including the name of the white paper, author or
    organization’s name, website address, etc. The Web site where the white paper is published must be
    accessible without any restriction.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Haven't seen that one yet but appears the PDF is from this year. Yeah, dig around on the Submit CPE part of the site. The review page comes up no problem. I usually just do a few conferences, webinars and a long course or two a year. This feels like too much work.

- B Eads
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This thread shows up when I Googled "CPE White paper ISC2" so I figured I would resurrect this thread to post the response I got from ISC2:
    Thank you for your inquiry.

Please be advised that Reading White Paper is new and (ISC)² has not yet set a CPE Type specifically for White Paper. Please submit your White Paper under the Self Study category/CPE Type. You are not required to submit your brief summary under this CPE type. Please keep your brief summary if your CPE gets randomly selected for audit, please provide the summary at that time.