Options

IT guy loses $7.5 Million in bitcoins

Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
BBC News - James Howells searches for hard drive with £4m-worth of bitcoins stored

I'm not a fan of these bitcoin things but I'd hate to lose that much! and then to comb over a landfill looking for a hard drive which you hope has those missing bitcoins. This just made me feel doubly sorry for the guy...

Comments

• Options
    antielvisantielvis Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The weak point with Bitcoin is the whole wallet process. You can use a blockchain or create your own wallet. Loose the paper you printed it on and you're toast. I think this is a fundamental issue with bitcoin; the lack of a recovery process.

I find this currency fascinating. I'm starting to see some legit companies accept it including a university. It would be nice to break free from the whole "Banking Cartel" thing.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    At least he didn't Lose it, as going bankrupt. The thing about anything's worth, you need to find someone willing to pay X amount for it.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

Was thinking about it. Whilst it might be worth that much, it's not like you can buy a house from it and $7.5M is not easily spend online using Bitcoin (unless you find buyers paying less than the actual value).
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p