Options

What would be beneficial

abnmiabnmi Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
All recently passed the CISSP and now want to dig deeper than the "one inch deep mile wide" cert. Any ideas on which certs or training would be a great complement. Currently i work for the government but do not wish to become pigeon holed in infosec. Thanks in advance and hope all had a great turkey day.

Comments

• Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Not sure exactly what you mean - you want to dig deeper, but not be pidgeonholed? That sounds contradictory to me. Regardless, where you go from here depends on what interests you more than anything else - you can go the more technical route, or managerial route.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    What i mean is i do not wish to become just a paper CISSP. I understand Security from a managerial point of view but wanted a broader understanding of the tech side.
  • Options
    HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    ISSAP
    ISSEP
    CCNA
    CCNP
    CCIE
    VCP

There are thousands of certs out there.
  • Options
    samurai86samurai86 Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    OSCP or any of the GIAC certs?
    Bachelor's of Applied Science in Technology Management - Information Security Assurance (St. Petersburg College)
    Masters of Science in Digital Forensics (University of Central Florida)
  • Options
    da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    Sounds to me like you did it a little backwards then. CISSP is often viewed as a graduated level, where you master one area then move into infosec. What are your interests in IT? Whatever interests you the most dictates what path you should progress on. Or what certs does the position you want call for since you work for the gov?
  • Options
    I serve as the security manager for an organization. I deal mainly with physical security but want to be we'll rounded.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    PSP then? Depends on what you're being exposed to as security professional. If your auditing logs or controls then I might look into ISACA's CISA or similar and work from there. There is a big difference in PS than say working a SIEM log or SDLC practices. Start with what your currently exposed to and work your way out in a spiral.

- B Eads
  • Options
    kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Agree with Beads.