Options

CCENT- Passed!!!

-hype-hype Member Posts: 165
Scored a 986/100. Studied the following materials for 7 weeks. Although, I had spent a semester taking a CCNA course when I was doing my Associates. Very straight forward exam. Either you know it, or you don't. This exam was relatively easy, no trick questions like M$.

Here is what I used:

Todd Lammle: ICND1- This book is a must READ!! Everything on the exam was covered in depth in this book. It's gotta be one of the easiest technical books to read. I read it page to page, it's a very quick read. Can't wait to start reading the ICND2 book.

Testout CCNA- All the labs were already set up for me, no need to spend extra time configuring the routers for certain situations.

Subnetting Guide by Chris Bloomfield. - This guy finally helped me understand subnetting!! I absolutely beasted all the subnetting questions on the exam. A big thanks!

CBT Nuggets - Helped me digest my reading.

On to the ICND2, then it's time to look for a networking job :D
WGU BS IT:Network Administration
Started: 10-1-13
Completed: 9-21-14
Transferred: 67 CU Completed: 54 CU

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nicely done! Good luck on the ICND2!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Good luck on CCNA
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    DyasisDyasis Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Good luck with icnd2!
  • Options
    terribleusernameterribleusername Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I felt the same way about the Todd Lammle book. I read both his books for icnd1 and then ccna.

Good luck with part 2, and if you enjoyed the icnd1 cbt nuggets series, there is a cbt nugget series called ccna labs cisco for the real world that you may enjoy as well.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    jayskatajayskata Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    good job! congrats!
  • Options
    EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I created this account today to get more insight in the CCENT certificate, it's good to see a fellow comrade passed! Congrats! Good luck with ICND2. I have read the ol' ICND1 book cover to cover, although, after being decommissioned in September 30th, and the release of the new books I decided to grit my teeth and go through ICND1 100-101 again before taking an attempt at the certificate.
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • Options
    Magic JohnsonMagic Johnson Member Posts: 414
    Congratulations! Must be a great feeling getting a score like that. :)
  • Options
    Congratulations! Must be a great feeling getting a score like that. :)

Going into it I was scared, because Cisco doesn't let you review your answers unlike M$ and Comptia. But, the questions weren't hard at all.
  • Options
    lmoworldlmoworld Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Congrats!
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    Magic JohnsonMagic Johnson Member Posts: 414
    -hype wrote: »
    Going into it I was scared, because Cisco doesn't let you review your answers unlike M$ and Comptia. But, the questions weren't hard at all.

I suppose in real life you wouldn't be able to review your answers to problems either until it was too late lol.

In what respect were they not hard? Were they clear and concise? No anti-intuitive questions? No trick questions? No 'on a technicality' questions?

i.e no the answer is 'none of the above' because a spaceship crashed in to your data centre and all your links are down.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    I suppose in real life you wouldn't be able to review your answers to problems either until it was too late lol.

In what respect were they not hard? Were they clear and concise? No anti-intuitive questions? No trick questions? No 'on a technicality' questions?

i.e no the answer is 'none of the above' because a spaceship crashed in to your data centre and all your links are down.

Well, you know you take a Microsoft exam, they will ask you you a question then list like 6-8 answer choices and they tell you to pick all that apply. I hate those, because you can't rule any answer choices out.

Also, you know when they ask you a questions and sometimes they will give you like 4 choices, 2 of them might be the answer, but with Cisco the choices were definitely one answer, and if you studied enough you knew it right away.

I think I was over prepared for the exam. Lammle did a hell of a job with his book, he focused a lot on what Cisco tests you on. If you read his book and understand it, you will definitely do good.

Now I hope he did as good of a job on his ICND2 series :P
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the hard work paying off!
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

A question RE: Cisco training/certs. I think I have read somewhere that Cisco (for the most part) does an excellent job as far as creating/laying out exam objectives and then testing on those objectives compared to other vendors (like the Microsoft example above) where things are kind of vague and they expect your hands on experience to be the real factor in success.

How far up the chain does this go with Cisco? Just the associate levels?
  • Options
    ITrascalITrascal Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    After reading the net+ book by hardwood now i'm on the lammlie icnd 1. Should have read the Lammle book first because mentally my minds frustrated it's like i gotta read the book over again with most of the same principles. Then all the other little things he adds in there just irk me. I changed my mind to the CCENT/CCNA route after i discovered that it's pointless getting the Net+ because really no employer really ask for it at least not in my region.
  • Options
    shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Congrats on the pass..

good luck for ICND2 ..
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA