Options

How did you know you were ready for the 101 exam

southsouth Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have posted a few times to this forum in regards to Linux +, but I haven't really gotten back the answer I was looking. I figured I should just ask the question more directly. so. How did you know you were ready?

Comments

• Options
    colby_arcolby_ar Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Make a checklist/spreadsheet of all of the exam objectives and rate yourself on how well you feel you know each objective. Study until you can rate yourself an 8, 9, or 10 on every objective and then go take the exam.

Another thing I do is to use the exam objectives as an outline to create a **** sheet. Create a lab and practice all of the objectives until you realize you don't need the **** sheet any longer. That is a good sign you are ready or at least very close.

Good luck!
  • Options
    southsouth Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think the objective checklist is a good idea. I debated making it, but thought I might spend too much time on it than practical review. I notice that I feel all over the place when reviewing and that might keep me on task. Great advice. Thanks
  • Options
    BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    Do the practice questions on the comptia site. Then if you smash those go through the exam objectives and tick off the objectives you are comfortable with. Anything you are not comfortable with keep going over until you are.

This method worked for me. I passed both exams comfortably in the last two weeks. I studied for around 6 months.
  • Options
    Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How I knew I was ready for the exam? When I decided its time to kick the habit of always pushing it back. Book the exam and it will serve as a deadline.
    Commit time to prepare (easier said) and stick to it.
  • Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I knew I was ready because I had well over the recommended amount of experience and I might it through all of the WGU provided videos with ease.