Options

What do jobs look at?

keithgodseykeithgodsey Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys!

Just curious: do any jobs that you know of look at what you scored on the core and OS?

Would that look good in the place of experience?

Just wondering

Sorry, don't have a better username! :D

Comments

• Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    employers won't want to know your score. they may wish to see your certs though. but not always.

for experience, you basically have two options. one is to get the first i.t. job you can and stick at it, maybe work your way up. the second is to find which charities in your area you could volunteer for in an i.t. capacity.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    You may want to save your score report from the testing center in case you scored really high. It may be something worth showing in an interview. However, if you have more than one cert and only show one score report they might assume you barely passed the other exams :D . Basically, a pass is a pass regardless and that's all that's important.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    trick000trick000 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey guys!

Just curious: do any jobs that you know of look at what you scored on the core and OS?

Would that look good in the place of experience?

Just wondering

Sorry, don't have a better username! :D

I think 1-2 years of real experience is greater than an A+ cert. If I remember A+ is supposed to equal about 18 months of knowledge in the field.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Agreed - a year or two of experience is far more valuable than A+ certification.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    dude. i got 3 years experience in the IT world doing Help Desk and Network Implementation while i was in school.. now i graduated and the first cert that you need is some cases is the A+.. the current company i am contracting for requires i have an A+ min in order to apply full time.... i thik its stupid.. but to them. its a means of requirments to filter people out.. lame.. you would think if your already contracting for them... you dont have to get the A+....

anyhow.. thats why i am here. gonna take the test next week :)
  • Options
    keithgodseykeithgodsey Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I kind of figured that's what everyone would say; the reason I asked is I had talked to a staffing agency that only deal with IT, they wanted to know my scores after I took the exam to help with placement in a job.

Just wanting to know. Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Staffing agencies ... hmmm, no comment ... lol
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007