Options

70-640 my first exam

ulikabbqulikabbq Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I have my test scheduled in 2 weeks on the 19th and I was feeling pretty good until I found this forum and read some of the horror stories. I have gone through the Trainsignal videos and supplemented some youtube videos, read the MS Press book and done the labs (now I deleted my entire lab and I am doing it all again), and I have been taking Transcender practice test.

Then I read on here where that might not be enough. While I have read some of the technet articles they seem to be endless. Is the actual test that much harder than the Transcender test?

Comments

• Options
    TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The 70-640 is a beast in my opinion, I was used to doing very well on cert test until this test. I passed the first attempt but by the skin of my teeth. You need to look at how the areas are broken down, one of the sticky post on here has it broken down to the relevant areas. All of the Server 2008 test are rough though, so don't underestimate any of them.

Good Luck on the 19th and let us know how you did.
    WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
    WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )
  • Options
    cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The transcender def helped me pass the 640 my 2nd time. Use it as a tool to find your weak areas, dont just take it over and over.

Take it, eval your weak areas, study those areas really well, lab ect. take it again, did you improve? re-peat the cycle.
  • Options
    I am tripping up on cmdlets and answers with 3 or more responses. I get 2 of the 3 right so I feel I am close, but this stuff is challenging.
  • Options
    I got a 640 on the first try. Very frustrating to be so close. Certificates was by far my lowest score, but I had been doing ok with those questions in the practice test.

Anyone have a resource for other lab guides to certificates other than the MS Press?