WGU Experiences with corporate reimbursement policies and lack of letter grade?

RhuwynRhuwyn Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am considering attending WGU. I've never been to college before and have 10 years IT experience. I'm with a good company but companies come and go so I feel I need to catch up the education level to my experience level.

The company I am with now has a tuition reimbursement policy which in theory should cover most of the WGU tuition but there is a clause in the policy stating that a letter grade must be given for courses taken. All the WGU documentation I see says that the "Pass" equates to a B or higher.

For those of you have are current enrolled do the transcripts reference that a Pass is a B equivalent in some way?

Does anyone here have any experience in a situation like this?

I'm engaging my HR of course but I am curious if there are any success stories around getting the tuition reimbursed with language like that in the company policy.

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm in the enrollment process at the moment with WGU and my understanding from speaking with my enrollment counselor is that a Pass is the equivalent of a B letter grade.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My company refused to reimburse me for WGU tuition because my transcript shows no grades and their policy is to only reimburse Bs or higher
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    olaHalo wrote: »
    My company refused to reimburse me for WGU tuition because my transcript shows no grades and their policy is to only reimburse Bs or higher

Even after you showed them the policy that a pass mark was minimally a B?
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    My old company didnt blink and approved it. It was a decently size non-profit health system and they paid for three semesters of my undergrad. It depends on the company policy. The best thing to do it show wgu information to the manager who signs off on it and get his or her approval first or be prepared to pay for it through other means
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Danielm7 wrote: »
    Even after you showed them the policy that a pass mark was minimally a B?
    Yeah didnt matter.
    I almost want to take a screenshot of the emails...
    It was very petty imo.
    My manager approved but the CIO said no.