Passed SWITCH!!!

mitch179mitch179 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
Only just!!

I scored 803 so I only just scraped it in.

I personally found the questions far more trivial than route. One of my labs didn't work correctly and wouldn't let me remove some config. It was quite a large lab so I think that alone dropped me quite a few points. The labs were quite easy, so long as they work...

The questions are worded pretty poorly and I swear one of my questions did not have a correct answer so I just picked the closest thing....

My study materials consisted of:

Chris Bryant's CCNP SWITCH book and videos
INE Videos and lab book
Rene Molenaar's how to master CCNP SWITCH
CCNP SWITCH simplified
LOTS of Cisco articles
Lots of blog posts

I spent about two months studying for this and I had quite a few distractions along the way. I could have studied a bit harder I think.

I found this exam harder to study for than ROUTE. With ROUTE I could lab and lab for hours and by doing that you gained a large percentage of the knowledge required.

My tips are:

Don't gloss over the planning and design stuff

Read the questions thoroughly they really do try to trip you up!!

In summary: I'm glad that's over!

Comments

• PutneyPutney Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! I really need to get back into my CCNP studies...
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    A pass is a pass! Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Scraped by or not a pass is a pass. One thing I find interesting in other similar posts it seems to me that the people that use a lot of different resources tend to have more difficulty with the exams then people that use 1 or 2 books and a video series. I wonder why that is.
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
  • mitch179mitch179 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dmarcisco wrote: »
    Congrats! Scraped by or not a pass is a pass. One thing I find interesting in other similar posts it seems to me that the people that use a lot of different resources tend to have more difficulty with the exams then people that use 1 or 2 books and a video series. I wonder why that is.

Thanks everyone :)

This could well be true, I don't think you need all those resources by any stretch, if you used the bryant stuff on it's own I think you would pass pretty easily, I just find I need to look at different materials to keep myself interested and motivated to study! I find if I read over and over the same material my mind wanders, I guess it's all about whatever works for you :D
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Congrats!
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • *BB**BB* Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Procrastinator extraordinaire
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog