Options

CISSP - Less than 24 hours to go.

TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
So, I'm sitting this CISSP in less than 24 hours: 12/6/2013 8:00AM EST. I'm a little nervous, but I think with the amount of reading, quizzing, and studying I did in general I should be OK. Only time will tell! As usual, I will update this thread post-exam, as soon as I walk out of the testing center.
* Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
* Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
* Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration

Comments

• Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
  • Options
    hylaabhylaab Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Perhaps you are halfway through the exam by now....but, good luck and walk out with "V".
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hylaab, I believe his exam is tomorrow. Good luck!
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Good luck!!!!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    awais1116@hotmail.comawais1116@hotmail.com Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Curious about your result now that it is closer to the end of you exam limitation period.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    TechGuy215 wrote: »
    So, I'm sitting this CISSP in less than 24 hours: 12/6/2013 8:00AM EST.

Not sure were some of you guys are located, but I don't sit the exam until tomorrow (see quote above from my original post)...

Currently here it is 12/5/2013 3:35PM EST.
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    He still has a solid 16 hours to go.
  • Options
    j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    Not sure this podcast is the same as the SANS one... Its Conrad, might be useful.

Elsevier: conrad: CISSP Study Guide Podcasts

Good luck on the exam!
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck man, I know we were studying for this around the same time. I pushed up the my date and ended up passing early November. Best of luck!
  • Options
    SchpoonSchpoon Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey congrats on reaching the big day tomorrow. I just sat and took my examination on the 30th. Passed first time. If this is the first time you're seeing the test, the only real advice I could give (not even sure if you want it right now :D) is to not let the lack of terminology throw you. It took me probably 100-150 questions before my brain could accept the change in question format.

I made sure (as best I could keep myself to it) to not select an answer if I was unsure. I marked it flag and left it blank so that I wasn't second guessing myself when I reviewed it. That wasn't my idea by the way...this forum is a good resource.

Best of luck and knock it out of the ball park.
  • Options
    cgrimaldo, TechGuy215,

My bad! The funny part, TechGuy215 and I are in the same time zone, PA and MI.
  • Options
    Well guys...its a no go. Got a 637/700. The Software development life cycle/ security questions KILLED me... There were several of them on the exam. Oh we'll back to the books..: (
  • Options
    acomoacomo Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TechGuy215 wrote: »
    Well guys...its a no go. Got a 637/700. The Software development life cycle/ security questions KILLED me... There were several of them on the exam. Oh we'll back to the books..: (

oh that's too bad, i am very sorry. i am still studying and don't know what to do if i don't pass. I guess i will feel bad for a week and then reopen the books.

What was your study plan until now? Any other comments you can give us?
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Bummer. Take a few days to regroup. What are your weakest domains?
  • Options
    -hype-hype Member Posts: 165
    It's okay it happens, at least you know what to expect next time.
    WGU BS IT:Network Administration
    Started: 10-1-13
    Completed: 9-21-14
    Transferred: 67 CU Completed: 54 CU
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Just keep on keeping on... you can do it!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that. Keep plugging away!!!!
  • Options
    Wow, sorry to hear that. Well, at least you now know where to concentrate, weaker domains. Just curious, how long did the exam took you to complete?
  • Options
    j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    sorry to hear that!
  • Options
    LeifAlireLeifAlire Member Posts: 106
    Sorry to see you failed the exam, at least you've seen it and know what to expect next time. Hopefully work reimburses you for the cost.
    2015 Goals: VCP-550 - CISA - 70-417