Options

Passed SSCP Exam

Trottet2099Trottet2099 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I would like thank everyone on the Techexams for helping me pass the SSCP exam. I used the following materials: Studiscope exams A through C., practice exams from the FreePractice Test.org site, CISSP_Summary_V1.1. pdf, and Vijayanand Banahatti (SSCP) Study guide 2.0., and Darril Gibson SSCP AIO book. I read his book twice and went over the test questions. As far as the actual exam, I found the questions to be tricky more than anything, you really have to go over the questions carefully or you will get tripped up. I think its a very good exam to take because it covers 7 of the 10 domains for the CISSP. Someone sent me Actual Test SSCP exam software, stay away from it as it is a joke. To pass the exam you have to have a understanding of the concepts behind each CBK domain. Let me know if I can help anyone pass their exam and if you have failed don't give up!!! :)

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    cknapp78cknapp78 Member Posts: 213 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif
    I think its a very good exam to take because it covers 7 of the 10 domains for the CISSP.

Actually, the SSCP only covers five of the CISSP CBK domains. The Malicious Code and Activity and Monitoring and Analysis SSCP domains are not in the CISSP CBK.
  • Options
    loun80loun80 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have my SSCP exam booked for January 3, 2014. I have read through Darril's AIO book and I'm not reviewing and doing practice exams. Will the Studiscope exams really help? So far, I passed every practice exam included in the book. Are those exams a good representation of the actual exams?
  • Options
    acomoacomo Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass! It's a great feeling isn't it?
  • Options
    Its a very great feeling especially since I studied very hard.
  • Options
    The Studiscope exams really helped me out because they are the most accurate representation of the actual exam in terms of question format. I also registered with FreePracticeTests.org and used their SSCP questions as well. With their test questions you are able to pick questions from each domain, this is very helpful if you need to strengthen yourself with a domain you are having problems with. Good luck with your exam and Happy Holidays.
  • Options
    Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    Congrats! I found the SSCP exam to offer "tricky" questioning as well. It felt great when it was finally over.
  • Options
    j1mggj1mgg Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.

i am sitting this in a few weeks and have read through the Darril Gibson AIO book, looking to watch the train signal videos and then re read the AIO book, I have also recently sat and passed the security+. Do you think this is enough material or should I also purchase the official isc2 book?
  • Options
    I would get my hands on as many test questions I could find. I used the following materials: Studiscope exams A through C., practice exams from the FreePractice Test.org site. I read these study guides everyday CISSP_Summary_V1.1. pdf, and Vijayanand Banahatti (SSCP) Study guide 2.0, leading up to the exam. The two guides do have some overlap.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    samurai86samurai86 Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    Bachelor's of Applied Science in Technology Management - Information Security Assurance (St. Petersburg College)
    Masters of Science in Digital Forensics (University of Central Florida)