Options

Avocent Cyclades TS2000 Access Server

mdominomdomino Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
I know I've seen some people here saying they've picked one up for their lab. Mine just came in from eBay and I've got everything set up right (I think). When connecting from this to the console port on one of my switches what kind of cat5 cable should I be using?

I've tried straight-through, rollover, crossover and some weird pinout I found on a different site. I also noticed when using a rollover that no matter what I set the baud rate to it pops back to 57600.

I can telnet into the server itself, just trying to access specific console ports isn't working. Anyone have some more experience with this sorta stuff?

Comments

• Options
    Thanks, I'll add it to my list of pinouts to try when I get back from work.
  • Options
    dmako59dmako59 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've picked one up on eBay also. Any luck on figuring out who to set these up to access routers and switches? I'm pretty new to all this and I'm getting a headache.
  • Options
    dmako59 wrote: »
    I've picked one up on eBay also. Any luck on figuring out who to set these up to access routers and switches? I'm pretty new to all this and I'm getting a headache.

I actually DID get it figured out. I'm out of town for the holidays until later this evening but I believe it was:
    Cyclades Side
    white orange
    orange
    white green
    blue
    white blue
    green
    white brown
    brown

Cisco Side
    white-blue
    brown
    green
    blue
    white brown
    white-green
    orange
    white-orange

I'll take a look at the cables when I get home and if it looks like I was wrong I'll post the updated ones. Also MAKE SURE you set the right settings on the serial ports because they default to an incompatible baud rate.