Voltage concerns for Cisco Equipment...

CCNTraineeCCNTrainee Member Posts: 213
I know is a weird question to ask, but I just found out that I have orders to go to Korea!! :) Since I am going overseas, I was wondering if I will be able to ship my Cisco equipment overseas and not have to worry about frying my equipment when I plug them in. Does Cisco rate their equipment for Universal power sources, or are American versions of Cisco equipment stuck at 120 volts???

Comments

• TrifidwTrifidw Member Posts: 281
    Check on the data sheets of the equipment on the Cisco site or on the back of the equipment/power supply. I would expect them to automatically switch and can confirm the old 3550 I've got at my desk does too.
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Most AC Cisco gear is rated for 100-240 volts
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • mistabrumley89mistabrumley89 Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are you moving off post?
    Goals: WGU BS: IT-Sec (DONE) | CCIE Written: In Progress
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/charlesbrumley
    What unit are you going to? The barracks have standard 120v. If you move off post, then you will more than likely have transformers that your landlord will provide you with. I'm not sure how the barracks are if you end up moving to a ROK base though... probably 210v. Which you can still invest in a transformer.
  • CCNTraineeCCNTrainee Member Posts: 213
    I am currently deployed while all my R/S equipment is in storage, main reason why I didn't look in the back of them. Lol I have 2500s and 3550s as well so if it is working for you in the UK, and they can flux between EU / NA standards I should be safe.

@Brumley - Since I am going Unaccompanied, mostly likely I will be in the Dorms/Barracks on post. I'm not going to be at a "Mainstream" base, I’ll be at a small detachment unit in Daegu City. There may be a good chance that we share quarters with the ROK members, but if the equipment is rated for 110v - 240v, I'll nothing to really worry about.
    I was also in Daegu. Best networking assignment I would imagine for soldiers... ARMY wide IMO. COME ON MAN... spit out the details lol. I was at Camp Walker. Are you signal? Are you assigned to 36th Sig BN? SROKA, Camp Carroll, Camp Henry, or Camp Walker? What's your MOS? If you are at 36th I can get you some good contacts.
    As soon as you said that, I figure you were at Camp Walker. Lol I'm Air Force so I will be 30 mins away from the Camp at least that is what everyone says anyways. Apparently we support the Airport there or something like that. I'm what the Air Force calls Cyber Transport which is Computer Networking, Crypto, inside plant Telephone/Voice Systems, and Tech Control. At my first duty station I have experience with all four of those fields, thou I spent more time downrange doing "Augmentee" work with integrated Joint Billets then I spent at my actually station. Lol
    sroka? k2?
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You'll have fun there, and Daegu was a blast. Do you run? I have a lot of good memories from the trails around Apsan Mountain and the Suseong Lake area. And besides, anything will be nicer than Kabul!

Wave when you fly past Shank on your way out...
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
    ^^ Yeah, I will be out of here sooner then I thought... I don't really "run" but I am looking forward to do some hiking and some of Ziplines they have out there. It has been a long while since I went hiking, that is probably one of the things I will def be looking forward too... have you guys ever been to Busan??
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I never made it down to Busan. I was in Seoul a fair bit, but mostly stayed local except for the racing season from around May to around September. Tongyeong, a little shipping town in the south, was really nice. If you like hiking, you'll love Korea; hiking is like the national pastime there!
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    CCNTrainee wrote: »
    have you guys ever been to Busan??

I traveled all around South Korea when I was there. Amazing place and amazing people. Busan is amazing, a big shipping port much like Hong Kong, and the beaches are amazing. Shoot me a PM and I can give you more info or pics if you like.

If you live either on/off post the ISP/Telcoms are either KT or olleh. I never checked my Internet speed in the barracks, however off post you have the equivalent of T3

http://t.co/bhCpqdQwiC

Public transportation is amazing, you won't need to have a POV. Bus and cab is cheap. Street food is great.

Seoul is amazing too, everything is wired with technology. My smart phone could make/receive calls 7 stories underground at Seoul Station along with surfing the Internet with no problem.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown