CCNA/CCNP Lab Start

atl_libraatl_libra Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm finally about to start studying for my CCNA. I'm thinking about 3 1841's and 3 3560's. Would that suffice, and also get me through CCNP? I plan to take the Security route so I know I'll also need a 5505/5510 as well. From craiglist haggling i've already gotten two 3560's 24port for 80 bucks each. Should I go with all layer 3 switches or mix a layer 2 in there also?

Comments

• TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Outside of learning ROAS...router on a stick...I can't think of any advantage for a layer 2 switch except cost. An access server might be another piece to pick up.
  • roch_gregroch_greg Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm in the same club. I just got 3 2801's and two 3750's. I plan on doing ccna RS --> ccna voice then well see. I got the 2801's for 80.00 a pop so they are coming down in price when compared to the 1841's.

I would have liked to gotten 2811's but couldn't find any at my price point.

If you can keep getting deals I would stick w/the L3 or L3 capable switches.
    Goals for 2014: Cisco ICND1[X], Cisco ICND2/CCNA R&S[X], Junos, Associate (JNCIA-Junos)[ ]
    Ain't Nothing Illegal til You Get Caught --> Tickle from Moonshiners TV Show.
  • GngoghGngogh Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GNS or real routers and switch's... packet tracer is not bad, but not all the commands work.