Old certification books

netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have many older books on Windows Server 2000, Server 2003 and other books from the era. Most of them are certification books. Is there any good place to sell or donate these books so they do not just become recycled paper?

Comments

• RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    What good would they be? Funny this thread popped up, I cleaned out my closet and found my old CCNA book from 10yrs ago...trashed it immediately..too old.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I still have all my MCSE books for Windows 2003. Don't know why now to be honest. Though ironically some of the CCIE books I refer to are donkeys years old and are still relevant. Cisco LAN Switching is a big personal favourite
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I keep all of mine on my shelf, attempting to increase my "grizzled old-timer" cred.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    To the OP thats a good question. I have a bunch of mcse 03 books taking up a lot of room and feel bad throwing out books but don't know what to do with them.
  • netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Even though the certifications are not relevant any more the knowledge on those version of Server still are. It is just hard to throw away such an investment
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    donate them to a local library and take a tax write off.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete