Options

SSCP Exam: "Darril Gibson's All In One Exam Guide" good enough?

loun80loun80 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello. I need some advice.

I have read and re-read Darril Gibson's AIO Exam Guide book. I am able to pass all practice exams in the book as well as all the exams on the CD.

I decided to have a quick look at the Official (ISC)2 guide and noticed that a lot of things in the official guide were not covered in the AIO. Things such as "Electronic Code Book (ECB)", "Cipher Block Chaining (CBC)" and so on.

So I went to expresscertifications.com and bought a bunch of SSCP exams and failed them all.

I know some of you have passed the SSCP exam without reading the official guide. Am I missing something here? Is the AIO up to date? Please tell me what you think. My exam is less than 1 month away. icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    DagistoDagisto Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

The Darril Gibson book was enough for me. Do not and I repeat do not memorize the questions. Do the exams and try to figure out what kind of knowledge is still missing. Invest in some cccure exams or try the free cccure exam questions to fill in the gaps.

I also tried the official book, but it read like an encyclopedia and there were to many errors in the book (spelling errors, wrong answers to the practice questions)

Download the SSCP CIB and use it as an checklist for example
  • Options
    loun80loun80 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the information. Did you see the exam questions from expresscertifications.com? They are just like the questions in the official book. What a waste of money!

Are the actual exam questions like the ones from Darril Gibson's book? Or are the exam questions like the official book?
  • Options
    techwizardtechwizard Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I recently took the SSCP exam. I think its very similar to Sec+, but the questions are worded differently. I took Sec+ a few weeks ago, and passed. I failed the SSCP with a 664/700. I used testout/labsim, their Sec+/SSCP course is one and the same, and is about 65hours of video/virtual lab/practice tests. I hope that helps.
    "Never give up" ~ Winston Churchill
  • Options
    Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    Mr Gibson's book was my primary tool and an excellent reference. I would advise you to take some of the cccure practice test as well and you'll be good to go.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Truthfully, it really depends on how much you already know and understand about the material the SSCP exam covers before you start studying for it. Some people with more understanding may need fewer materials, while other will need additional sources.
  • Options
    WagnaardWagnaard Member Posts: 124
    It was enough for me, though it helps to have some background knowledge. Read up on networking too.
  • Options
    AggressiveProgressionAggressiveProgression Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I personally used only the Darril Gibson AIO (kindle version). I recently passed the SSCP without the use of practice test. I feel that thoroughly reading through the book, and answering the questions at the end of each chapter was fine. Right before the test I reviewed the chapter summaries.