Options

Console Gaming nerds

--chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
I could use some help :)

I use a 23" monitor for console gaming (more comfortable for my eyes, easier to pick up details in FPS, better colors than my plasma). It has a DVI & VGA for input. My Xbox one (Xbone) uses HDMI as the output. I have already ordered a HDMI > DVI cable, it will be arriving soon.

My problem is that I use TurtleBeach Headphones for game audio & chat. As it stands, there are no aftermarket headphones for the Xbone. None, from no one. Not until Feb 14th of 2014.

So as you can see, I will have great video on a crystal clear monitor but zero audio from the game. Does anyone know of a way to get the HDMI output on the back of the Xbone to play nice with the Red & White RCA jacks my headphones use? I have not been able to find a single solution in the two hours of looking around, I thought a shot in the dark here would be worth a try.

One option is to purchase a new set of headphones that use optical audio as the input, in which case I could make that work...but then I would only use them for two months and purchase the correct setup for the Xbone. Its a bit of a waste.

Comments

• Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    HDMI = digital
    Red/White audio = analog

You're not going to find anything for what you're looking for.

Your tv/monitor will likely have some sort of audio output, whether that be optical or something else.

It would be helpful if you would include the model of your monitor.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    DyasisDyasis Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My brother has turtle beach headphones as well and uses this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF11DOyo_0w

He said it took him 2 tries and it works great, you can even use the xbox one mic mute / chat volume buttons that are on the adapter
  • Options
    @tprice5, Im not certain on the model #. Its a free dell I got in 2010, works great it just didnt fit in the spot it was supposed to go at work so they gave it to me in exchange for my smaller 21" hans-g (good tradel lol). I have a S/N but the S/N brings up zero information on it.

@Dyasis, thanks for the link. That will only provide a functioning mic/chat speaker signal, it will not provide a functioning game sounds channel.

I did however figure out a solution!

This:
    Amazon.com: SANOXY® AGPtek Digital Optical Coax to Analog RCA Audio Converter Adapter: Electronics

Plus this:
    Amazon.com: AmazonBasics Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable, 6 Feet: Electronics

Will net me digital to analog conversion for the audio.

Add into that, the youtube link above and I will have working chat/mic though the same headset.
  • Options
    EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good info. At this rate though it will be Feb before anywhere has them in stock. Still kicking myself for not preordering. icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    EngRob wrote: »
    Good info. At this rate though it will be Feb before anywhere has them in stock. Still kicking myself for not preordering. icon_cry.gif

The Xbox Ones? Bestbuy gets a weekly shipment, then puts them out on Sunday AM. If you get there an hour before they open you should be able to get one. Or call daily to all the retail outlets in your area and ask about availibility. After I waited 45 minutes Sunday morning in the 12 degree weather and got my Xbone I seen three in stock at the walmart 3 miles down the road from me. Everyone I spoke with in line Sunday said that the Xbones have been easier to find compared to the PS4.

Also Amazon has been selling them here and there, its worth checking them often.

edit: who negged me for this thread? I see we have some PC master race gamers around here!
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    tprice5 wrote: »
    Your tv/monitor will likely have some sort of audio output, whether that be optical or something else.
    --chris-- wrote: »

Nailed it... I'll take my +1 now :)
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    --chris-- wrote: »
    The Xbox Ones? Bestbuy gets a weekly shipment, then puts them out on Sunday AM.

Thank you kindly!
  • Options
    EngRob wrote: »
    Thank you kindly!

Call the store you plan to go to ahead of time to verify, or the 800 #. Plan on being there an hour early, maybe more...the store I went to was "slow" and I got lucky with only ~50 people in line. Its not guaranteed, but its the most reliable source out there. Also Amazon has them right now...