Options

Hiring Season?

Curious if companies are slowing down on hiring due to the holiday season?

Appreciate responses.

Comments

• Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Generally speaking, no, they're not slowing on hiring for _IT_. This IS hiring season for Info Tech.

Only thing is-- the hiring process may take longer given the calendar (vacations, holidays, etc.). You might interview now and not start until January.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Nope, here it is still as steady as always except like above said with the holidays if I got offered a position I would probably aim towards January to start to save the hastle.
  • Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was thinking that January/February were "hiring season" due to the newly released budget.
  • Options
    roch_gregroch_greg Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Not sure what's going on in your area, but I've had several interviews and quite a few calls/emails beginning since about the week b4 Thanksgiving.

End of the year is when companies are planning and approving the budgets for next year. Also positions need to be filled for people who are leaving at the end of the year.

Check the Boards.
    Goals for 2014: Cisco ICND1[X], Cisco ICND2/CCNA R&S[X], Junos, Associate (JNCIA-Junos)[ ]
    Ain't Nothing Illegal til You Get Caught --> Tickle from Moonshiners TV Show.
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    MSP-IT wrote: »
    I was thinking that January/February were "hiring season" due to the newly released budget.

There's that, but I often see IT bosses lobbying management for early access to next year's budget in 4Q.

What I see is 4Q is hiring season, still good in January, leveling off a little in February, a trickle in early March. . . and "dead" by mid-March.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    ReliableGuy2.0ReliableGuy2.0 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think they are hiring due to the budget also.
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    *snip* nevermind :P
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Yeah, I seem to be getting bombarded by recruiter emails and calls lately
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    MSP-IT wrote: »

I agree with this for standard jobs. I would think IT would staff earlier to meet the demand of new users on the system though. Wrap up 2013 with some new techs, start 2014 with new employees. By the time interns start in March, your techs are trained enough to meet the demand.