Options

CCENT EXAM 2days from NOW!!! Exam Anxiety!

jayskatajayskata Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm having exam anxiety...try to do some reviews. It seems I'm getting demoralized...icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Don't over think it. If you did your studying then this will test how well you retained it.
    Skim the topics and think about what each involves.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    wgroomwgroom Member Posts: 147
    I share your anxiety, I am testing on 12/20. Best of luck, let us know how you do.
    Cisco VoIP Engineer I
    CCNA R&S COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Voice COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Collaboration [In Progress]
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Best of luck guys icon_cool.gif

let us know how it goes

Carl
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck! I'm halfway through the Odom book and I have set December 31 as my no-later-than test date. I will be in your shoes in just a couple of weeks!
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I dont get nervous until I click the "Finish Exam" button on the exam.

Good luck on your test!
  • Options
    Well..the day before my exam. I told myself "expect less and do your best" and from that point on I didn't get anxious even if i am hours away from taking the exam and voila...i got 973/1000! icon_cheers.gif However it says on the paper that I got after taking the exam that it is only the preliminary result score report. Gonna wait for the OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT from CISCO before I celebrate. How long by the way before they release the official scoring???
  • Options
    Magic JohnsonMagic Johnson Member Posts: 414
    jayskata wrote: »
    Well..the day before my exam. I told myself "expect less and do your best" and from that point on I didn't get anxious even if i am hours away from taking the exam and voila...i got 973/1000! icon_cheers.gif However it says on the paper that I got after taking the exam that it is only the preliminary result score report. Gonna wait for the OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT from CISCO before I celebrate. How long by the way before they release the official scoring???

Amazing! Well done!
  • Options
    Amazing! Well done!

Thanks mate...however, still waiting for the official announcement from PearsonVue/Cisco. Before I celebrate. It feels good though to see I did well on my test.
  • Options
    Thanks mate...however, still waiting for the official announcement from PearsonVue/Cisco. Before I celebrate. It feels good though to see I did well on my test.

So how did you find it? Easier than you thought? What did you use to study and practice for it?
  • Options
    So how did you find it? Easier than you thought? What did you use to study and practice for it?

If I were to rate it from 1 to 10, 10 is hardest. I'd give it 7. I would say subnetting isn't that hard for me (i practiced at www.subnetting.net). I used Jeremy Cioara and Chris Bryant's videos then for reading no books in particular like Odom and Lammle's book. My way of studying was I will watch the video and then google for topics I don't understand the most from there I can grasp the concept then watch the video again. Also used PT and GNS3. Awesome tools :)
  • Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    good Job,,
    I barely passed the CCENT. Took the test twice. I found the incd2 easier.
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    If I were to rate it from 1 to 10, 10 is hardest. I'd give it 7. I would say subnetting isn't that hard for me (i practiced at www.subnetting.net). I used Jeremy Cioara and Chris Bryant's videos then for reading no books in particular like Odom and Lammle's book. My way of studying was I will watch the video and then google for topics I don't understand the most from there I can grasp the concept then watch the video again. Also used PT and GNS3. Awesome tools :)

Nice one. Was the '?' command available or did you not need it?
  • Options
    Nice one. Was the '?' command available or did you not need it?

Yes, it was available and was very usefulicon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Just got an email from CISCO and I am now OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED! wooohooooooooooo!
  • Options
    DyasisDyasis Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I bet it's nice to be able to have some weight off your shoulder :)

Are you going to be doing ICND2?
  • Options
    Yes, it was available and was very usefulicon_thumright.gif

Sweet, there was much confusion as to whether it was allowed or not on the threads I read. Come in handy so you don't need to know the exact, exact commands.

Also, WOOHOO! *thumbs up*
  • Options
    Dyasis wrote: »
    Congrats, I bet it's nice to be able to have some weight off your shoulder :)

Are you going to be doing ICND2?

Yeah its an awesome feeling to get it off my shoulder, now I can unwind a bit and play some battlefield 4 before thinking of studying again for another cert..I'm planning on taking Sec+ or CCNA Sec. I'm more interested into network security :)
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats on the pass!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Options
    wgroomwgroom Member Posts: 147
    Congratulations on passing your CCENT. That is quite an accomplishment, and will make the holidays that much merrier! Job well done.
    Cisco VoIP Engineer I
    CCNA R&S COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Voice COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Collaboration [In Progress]
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good job! Keep on that path to learn more, right on dude.
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    wgroom wrote: »
    Congratulations on passing your CCENT. That is quite an accomplishment, and will make the holidays that much merrier! Job well done.

Good Bday present for myself :D