Options

Linux Trouble maker

brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
I have not tried this myself, but this sounds like an interesting project. Linux Troublemaker. The description says it is a highly vulnerable, outdated, Linux distribution. Your job is to fix it.

Trouble-Maker

Comments

• Options
    BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    That's actually pretty interesting....I've been playing around in Linux more and more and this might be something for me to check out.
    Thanks for the post!
  • Options
    BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    seems interesting. Have you got it working?

Did you just have to use one if the mentioned os versions and it all runs ok?

I might give it a try at some point over the next few days.
  • Options
    ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is not a Linux distribution, it is (simply) a tar file with Perl and shell scripts that once extracted and main perl file is executed, changes crucial configuration files in the system and block network services, that support Fedora/SUSE/RHEL etc.
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Dang it! One more reason not to go to bed when I get off shift in the morning! Looks like a fun little project to mess with.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    I could not get it working last night following the documentation.

Will try again tonight to see if I can find the correct path/name to the file.

Has anyone else mentioned to get it working?
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Pretty cool stuff! There is a distro out there (im looking for the name now...) that pretty much combines all the weak/worst/outdated distros available with the idea that you have to go through a fix everything and bring it up to snuff. Similiar idea.

How immense is the "trouble engine" I wonder?
  • Options
    tier~tier~ Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @--chris-- You're thinking of Damn Vulnerable Linux.

@Bryzey As for getting trouble maker working, there was an article on tecmint the other day. FYI, at the bottom there is a spoiler on some of the scenarios.

Trouble Maker - Breaks Your Linux Machine and Ask You to Fix Broken Linux
    Let's Connect!
    LinkedIn, Twitter, Blog
  • Options
    Awesome tier~ thanks for that!

I'll try out trouble maker tonight with those instructions and I might give the Damn vulnerable Linux a try as well over the next week or two if I get some free time.

Would be good if the project gets traction and interest and more scripts are written. It's a great idea for people trying to learn!