Study materials

Good Bad @ UglyGood Bad @ Ugly Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I would like to know if there are any other study materials that would be good to use?

I have,

CCNA Study Guide 5th Edition/Todd Lammle
Cisco 640-801 Transcender
CBT Nuggets

How good is **** ?

I'm would like to take the CCNA exam my the middle of Jan/06, how much time should I put into studying nightly icon_study.gif

I would like to know if there is any material that will help me to build a lap at home. I have 3 cisco 2500 routers and 1 1900 switch.

Comments

• Good Bad @ UglyGood Bad @ Ugly Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm not trying to **** my way through the exam. I study 2 hours a night, I read each chapter twice. I just want to pass on my 1st try. And get hands on traning with out taking a class. icon_study.gif
  • screvdriverscrevdriver Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi.
    I am preparing to study for Cisco CCNA and cannot decide what books to read from:

1. CCNA Study Guide, 5th Edition by Todd Lammle (SYBEX 2005) ;
    2. CCNA Self-Study: CCNA ICND Exam Certification Guide, Wendell Odom, Cisco Press 2004 ;
    3. CCNA Self-Study: CCNA INTRO Exam Certification Guide, Wendell Odom, Cisco Press 2004 ;
    4. CCNA Exam Certification Guide , Wendell Odom, Cisco Press 1999 ;
    5. CCNA Training Guide , by New Riders Publishing, Kevin Mahler , 1999

Is it better to study the separate books for INTRO and ICND
    and take the CCNA 640-801 at once?
    Any ideas or can someone who already took the exam help me?
  • SVSV Member Posts: 166
    I had used "CCNA Study Guide 5th Edition/Todd Lammle". I don't think that alone is enough. The Cisco Press will be a better option.
    Life is a journey...
  • QUIX0TICQUIX0TIC Member Posts: 277
    Or you can always just read the sybex and the cisco press. Then you can read all three books and be a bit well versed on the subject.
    "To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation."