Options

Current century creators

Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
We are living in the world where our lives are simplified by technology and in the world where our lives depend on technology, one perfect example is electricity and sanitation, we all know that electricity plays an important role in our daily lives there also are many more creations that play a vital role in our lives and many people are working to improve those creations and some people are creating technologies over existing technologies.

Since we are living in the world where everything is simplified to our to favor, i always ask myself, is the world we are living in lazy because we have everything we need or is it because everything is created for us and there is nothing more to be created any more?
Do you guys think that there is space for a totally new creation that will be useful to next centuries to come or perhaps know of any new creation that exist or any that are under creation. It might not be creation but the one i am waiting for is the cure for HIV/AIDS i mean we have been waiting for years now.

What's your opinion, do you think enough has been created for us or should there be more creations if there are not enough creations what do you think needs to be created?

Comments

• Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I hear quantum computing is gonna be pretty awesome.
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    W Stewart wrote: »

The idea is certainly very interesting. I can see how we can benefit from those and all technical advances for that matter. They are not bad in themselves, it is how some of us use them that can do harm.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The idea is certainly very interesting. I can see how we can benefit from those and all technical advances for that matter. They are not bad in themselves, it is how some of us use them that can do harm.

Quantum computers for 90% of applications we run are no better than what we have, in fact for a long time they will actually be a lot slower.

Where they might be a huge advantage is in the P vs NP problem field. P versus NP problem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To take there example "does and subset of the following numbers add up to 0 {−2, −3, 15, 14, 7, −10}?"

There is no algorithm you can use to do this other than try various combination until you get to -2 + -3 + -10 +15 = 0, in fact the best you can say is that if you use a systemic approach you can solve this problem in 2^n-1 steps, where n is the number of numbers in the set. So while the problem is lengthy to solve, to verify the solution is a single straight forward calculation.

It is in this area that quantum computers might show there worth, the ability for there quantum state to hold multiply values simultaneously only is useful if you can find a problem of the kind above where you can pick the correct response from the cloud of possible solutions.

Again its good for breaking an encryption key that is based on factoring prime numbers, but its not that effective for breaking encrypted text when you don't know the key, as all it would do is produce an endless number of possible solutions with no way of telling which on is correct. I think they are still a long long way of from useful machines, the protypes are looking promising, but I don't see people having them in there house for many years yet.

In my view intelligent automation as the big thing now, and human/machine interactions. Self driving cars, replacement body parts for the injured, and new ways to interface.

I posted recently about a lady with no body moment using a robot arm controlled by her brain waves to drink from a cup and eat a bar of chocolate. another guy with non leg or arm movement used facial expressions to fly a quad copter around his garden controlled a robot to get drinks our of the fridge. Other researchers have shown promise creating artificial eyes that capture images and directly stimulate the neurons of the brain, while others are looking at ways to repair the spine, or replacement limbs that mimic the original with the same joints and muscles, controlled by electrical impulses to allow them to act identical to the real thing.

Then you have intelligent automation, cars that drive them selves adapting to the changes in the environment around them, People talk of cars that not only try to avoid accidents, but will in the event of an unavoidable collision calculate the best way to minimise the impact and tack action. I think this intelligent automation with communication between multiple systems is going to be a huge step we make forward. Taking away the complex underlying tasks and leaving the high level design in the human hands.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    W Stewart wrote: »
    When is it going to hit the markets?
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    I would like to see cybernetic enhancements that could allow us to access computer networks directly through our brains.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com